Tuesday, May 30, 2017

{ Oh my gosh, can the allergies go away? }

Like, anytime now would be fine with me.

My word.  It's been pure hell the past month or two, and even worse when I'm out there having to mow.  I think I'm going to start using a face mask, it will definitely help.

I've been thinking it's Monday, all day long.  Whenever we have a holiday, it throws me off completely, so it's been a bit weird thinking of today as Tuesday.  Anyone else ever get that feeling?

We had a quiet Monday, the hubby and I actually mowed the whole back yard, which was a lot of work, and of course, the pollen, grass and dust being thrown around made me miserable.  Not to mention, I got bit over and over by the mosquitoes, even though I sprayed myself down with insect repellent.  Those little buggers just love me.

_MG_6624

_MG_6626

But the job was done and it looks a million times better.  Of course we're expecting rain starting Thursday so it will all start growing super fast again LOL  It's a never ending cycle isn't it?

I did half the yard and then Curt took over, and while he did that, I prepared us some lunch.  

_MG_6613

One of our go to summer lunches, are the Asian Beef Wraps.  They're so easy to put together and are not only filling, delicious but also quite healthy.  You can find the recipe over on my food blog. 

_MG_6621

I also went ahead and got the dishes all done, you can see the steam from the dishwasher coming over the counter.

_MG_6616

After lunch, we finished off the yard and then I was able to sit on the couch and actually get cracking with some crochet. I've missed it, haven't been able to do anything for a few weeks as we got busy with end of school, tests, graduations and so forth.

I've picked up my Nuts About Squares blanket again, the crochet along is already on Week 9 but I'm so far behind. I was still on week 4, so quickly caught up on the last square for that week and then moved on to Week 5, which I managed to finish today.

_MG_6622

Below you ca see my ever growing pile of squares for the blanket.  And at the very top, is the beginning of the Atlanticus CAL.  Don't ask, apparently I don't learn and just jump right into whatever crochet along catches my eye. 

_MG_6634

I've decided to go with the same color scheme that I used for my Blooming Flower Cushion that I made many years ago.  I don't have much of the yarn left, so I'm basically just going row by row until I run out, at that point, I'll try to find more of the same yarn, but if I can't then I may turn it into another cushion.

Truth be told, I have a very big cushion collection at this point hahah

_MG_6630

I did a little more mowing today, out front, but again got bitten relentlessly by mosquitoes and the assaulted by allergens so after about 40 minutes, I gave up.  I'll start again in the morning.  It will take me a few days, but it will get done.

_MG_6636

I just wish the allergies weren't so annoying because I do love spending time outside.

Oh I wanted to tell you as well, I watched Lucy Worsley's newest documentary called Jane Austen:  Behind Closed Doors. 

If you're a Jane Austen fan, such as I, you'll want to watch it.  It was a fascinating look at her life, the places she visited and lived in, the homes, the publishers and so on.  You can find it on Youtube, if you wish to watch it.

Aside from that, I also have been reading and enjoying It Takes One to Tango.  Honestly when I first got the book I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it, it's all about marriages in trouble and how to fix it and so on.  My husband and I have a pretty good marriage, and yes we do have fights like every other couple but I wasn't really thinking we were needing any sort of help.

The thing is, this book is helping me realize that there are certain things that I should be doing to better the marriage and it's also explaining a lot.  I won't say anymore, because it is after all a review book and I'll have plenty to say then, but just wanted to share that I'm enjoying reading it.

I think if anything, it also has to do with the fact that I seem to have found my love for reading again.  Would you believe me if I told you it had been years?  The last time I sat and read a book was actually back in Idaho right after Curt retired, that was 2013, crazy.

Well friends, I am sitting here in bed with my Marley and I'm finishing this post, then watching some Everybody Loves Raymond with hubby until 10pm and going to sleep.  It's our nightly routine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh and speaking of Marley, it reminded me that Lulu asked why I never talk about our other dog Bella.  It's not because of any other reason than, she's my husband's dog and doesn't really spend any time with me.  Marley is with me all day long, he's my dog and so I have a bigger bond with him. 

I WILL take some pictures of Bella tomorrow and share them with you all, I know you guys haven't seen her in a while.  She's very old now and spends most of the day sleeping :)

Alright, it's time for me to get going.  Have a blessed night.

No comments: