Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year Fun - 2011 Edition



I love doing this meme every year, it sort of brings the whole blogging year to an end and also takes me back in time to reflect on what I was doing.

Post the first sentence of your first blog post of each month. You can also add a favorite picture from each month.


I would love for you to join me, just leave me a comment and I'll come by and check yours out :)

Happy New Year everyone!

 ****************************************


January

I like making huge batches of these and freezing them. I either bake them all and then freeze, or a bake only what I need and wrap the rest in press n seal wrap and pop in the freezer until ready to bake.

Quick Cinnamon Rolls



February

Well at the Arizona Renaissance Fair of course.

Middle Shire


March

It's evening and I'm sitting on my bed, surrounded by the wonderful scent of freshly washed linens and hearing the sloshing of the washing machine in the laundry room.

2011_03010024



 April

Enjoying the small things.........

like stolen hugs from this little one while mommy is dead tired and dragging around the house





May

So since some of you have asked me to please continue sharing my latest movie and series finds, I thought I would oblige and bring you quite a few today.






 June

I feel that behind every wonderful blogging woman I have come to know, there is an amazing man, they are the ones working in the background.




July

Yes I know, it's not until Monday but I just HAD to make this cake to see what it looked like and boy was I not disappointed.

Red, White and Blue Flag Cake



August

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Had another dust storm come through yesterday, that makes it the third in about 2 weeks time, what on earth is going on?  We've also been blessed with a lot of rain lately so I'm happy with that :)






September

It's been a bit of a nutty week around here, I've been finding myself with no time to do anything.

Dinner time....



October

From a stomach virus to busy homeschooling to housework and other stuff, I've had my hands full around here.


2011_10030011



November

I'm having major issues with blogger this morning, been trying to get this post up for two hours now.



http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps26566_NSC1214457D137.jpg



December

I'm sure a lot of you make these for yourselves, and possibly for gifts as well, so it may not be a surprise, but for those that don't, these are the perfect gifts for a mom, sister, grandma, best friend etc.



Lemon Sugar Scrub


**************************************

I always enjoy reminiscing about what I was doing throughout the year :) 

Don't forget to let me know if you do the same meme on your blogs, I would love to come by and visit :)

7 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Happy New Year!! Your blog has been a joy to read & a blessing in my life!! God bless you! Happy new year!!! :)

Carol said...

I love looking back on your year. So glad to know you through your blog ~ you always seem like a real-life friend! Wishing you & your family a happy new year! (I did this meme too ~ http://puresugar.net/?p=3534 Realized I blogged a LOT this year, LOL!)

Jana Endris said...

I took your lead and did a yearly review on my blog also! Thanks for the idea. http://endrishomehappenings.blogspot.com/2011/12/year-in-review-2011.html

Happy New Year!

Christina said...

Love the review. I have to get back to blogging so maybe next year I can participate in this. Right now I am trying to get sausage and pancakes ready before the kids get up and blog hopping at the same time. Happy New Year and God Bless.

Elenka said...

Happy New Year, Sandra, to you and your sweet family. Best of everything in the coming year.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Happy New Year Sandra!!

kolfinnas korner said...

If I hadn't accidently deleted my blog about mid-year....LOL!