Friday, May 02, 2014

Friday's Letters - 05/02/2014

It's Friday, and that means it's time for another Friday's Letters.  I am so late getting this up, our internet has been so cruddy today, it's going in and out all the time.

I also had to pay bills and run errands, grocery shop etc, this morning with my hubby, and I JUST got done putting everything away.   I can finally sit down for a little and get this post up :)


Dear Friday....Thank God you're here!!!  I've been so busy this past week and I've longingly been staring at the calendar, waiting, just waiting for your arrival.  I'm so happy to see you :)

Dear 39 almost 40 year old body....you have been so great to me so far, but I can tell that you're getting old and changing.  I am trying very hard to keep up with you and to take better care of you, but I can't do it alone.  Won't you help me a little while longer?

Dear weight....you and I have gone back and forth for so many years.  Just when I think I have you under control you slowly creep back in.  I'm not overweight, but I could stand to lose 15 pounds and I am trying to do that, so let's meet halfway?  I do my best, and you slow down, deal?

Dear water....I know in my heart that you are the best thing to drink.  I just wish I loved you as much as a cold glass of soda all bubbly and stuff.  I am trying to drink more of you, I honestly am, but I struggle.  I am going to continue dressing you in lemon slices, maybe I'll find you more appealing that way.

Dear Spring....Oh you are definitely here.  I am loving the 80 degrees, the beautiful skies, the green grass, the blooming Lilacs and the chirping birds.  Please don't leave!

Dear Husband....I know that you are once again unemployed and that you were not happy with your previous job.  Your heart is set on Scientific things, and that is your passion.  I know it hasn't been easy for you since retiring, and I only wish I could make this all better, but I can't, only thing I can do is continue to love you and support you and remind you that we are OK.  You work so hard, and I just know in my heart that everything you are doing is to ultimately find you the job of your dreams.  Let's hang in there together, just a little longer.  I love you!

Dear Smoothies.....I have a renewed love for you and I know that you are the healthiest thing I could drink at the moment, well, aside from your buddy water.


If you wish to join in, leave your link below so that I and others can come by and visit :)

3 comments:

gillyflower said...

Lovely post! I look forward to Fridays too!
It's hard when those few extra pounds slip on without you noticing - with me it goes that I try very hard to eat and drink healthily, get plenty of excerise, then check the scales and eeekk! A few more pounds have slipped on! How? It's not fair!But then just as weird they fall away when I'm not looking and have given up looking at the scales,and I'm back to where I have been for years!
Have a good weekend Sandra!
Gill xx

Kathie said...

Oh my word! Your family is in my prayers as you go through this newest and latest hurdle!

Our neck of the woods said...

let me know when your ready for better tasting water that will naturally alkalize
and taste way better beyond lemon, cucumber or lime. :)