Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/29/2015

Good morning everyone, how was your weekend?

Well I'm glad to say that mine was quiet but also productive.  Hubby and I got working on the house, trying to unpack the last few boxes in the garage and getting everything looking the way we wanted.  We're almost completely done, there are a few things like family pictures that still need to go up and small touches here and there, but for the most part we are pretty much moved in and I'm still very much in love with this house.

I have to apologize for this post going up so late today, but I have had the worst insomnia and couldn't fall asleep until close to 3am and then was up at 5am with hubby, after he left for work I tried to go back to sleep but that wasn't happening either, so I'm moving super slow today.  Apologies, but here we go....


HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Very cloudy and dark skies this morning, I think we're supposed to get rain.


Things that make me happy:
Feeling content, loving where I am, there is nothing quite like it

Menu for this week:
I only have meals planned until Wednesday, then I need to go grocery shopping for the next two weeks and also for 4th of July, we're having a get together at our house with a few family members coming over, should be fun.

Monday - Pork Chops with Gravy and rice
Tuesday - Mini Meatloaves with Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday - Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps


What's on my TV today:
I've been catching up on all my shows from the past month, and I'm caught up with the Portuguese soaps, somewhat.  I also started The Whispers which is such a creepy show, but quite good, I'm enjoying it.  During the day if I have time and mostly at night, Jasmine and I have been watching Heroes of Cosplay.

Looking around the house:
It looks like a home, my belongings are finally all out and placed here and there and it no longer looks like an empty house with boxes in it.  You know home is wherever I am with my family, so no matter where we may live, as long as they are there, and as long as my belongings are there, it's HOME.

On my To Do List:

Laundry
Menu Planning
Painting mine and Curt's side tables (want to paint them black to match the bed set)
Changing out the bedding on my bed
Order some craft foam for Jasmine's Cosplay Costume


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I have a bunch of recipes I am going to be trying out, now that I'm back to cooking full time.  I will have them on the food blog as I make them.

In the craft basket:
My newest crochet project.  Chest pieces in foam and fabric for Jasmine's cosplay.  We have an Anime Convention coming up in September, which we want to attend, and Jasmine wants to dress up as one of her game characters from League of Legends.  This is the character which I'm making the whole costume, including the armor and the sewing and embroidery.  A HUGE undertaking but I'm up for the challenge. 



Looking forward to this week:
Getting the house ready for our 4th of July get together.  We'll have 7 family members spending the weekend with us, thankfully this house is big enough to house everyone, but I just need to figure out who is sleeping where.  Also need to figure out the menu so that I can pass it on to everyone because they want to know what they can bring.


Tips and Tricks:
Make your own curtains, there is no need to go spend tons of money when you can easily make your own.  I like Walmart's clearance fabric shelf, I can usually find really cute fabric for a dollar a yard.


My favorite blog post this week:
I've always enjoyed Bunny Mummy's blog.  Last week she took us on a walk around Green Dales and oh my goodness, how I wish I was there.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I came across Three Stories High and it's such a lovely blog, go on and check it out. 

No words needed (favorite photo or picture):




Lesson learned the past few days:

That I am Christian, and I will not forsake my Lord.....but I don't need to get into debates and screaming matches and ugly fights on social media to stand my ground.  It's not who I am, I don't need to answer to anyone but God and quite honestly, I don't need to make a fool of myself just to try and veer people to my way of thinking. 

On my mind:
STILL trying to get the kids into connections academy here in Texas, they have some very strange and strict laws going on.  I'm leaving it in the Lord's hands and I'm sure He'll see us through this.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
“Few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke10:42 NIV

9 comments:

Christy said...

I am right with you on the Facebook debates. My newsfeed is a war in itself. I try to think how Christ wants me to act, so I quietly go about my life, trying to administer to the one, and hopefully share the gospel of Christ through my actions. Hope I am doing it right. It is a beautiful day on the east coast today, but we are expecting rain later on. So glad I was able to participate today! Have a great day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Poor Hon - insomnia is the worst!

Sounds like some fun family time for the 4th coming up!! I love that costume planned for Jasmine! It does look ambitious, but a talented Gal like you can pull it off - I have no doubt. ;)

Hope you get some good rest today and thanks for hosting as always. It's SO nice having you back and doing your Sandra posts again. xoxo

Lulu said...

i love your lesson learned post..Thats the way it should be..We as christians should spread love instead of hate..its horrible on fb..So happy i do not get into those horrible debates how we all should think...keep praying and spreading love...

Dawn Marie said...

I agree with you on the social media thing. It's become so crazy. I don't even know why I bother to continue with Facebook. Hope you're enjoying your new home.

Simply Quaint said...

well sounds like your home is almost put back together :) can't wait to see pictures.... I am here in Texas on shepherd Air Force base my son graduates from NCO academy tomorrow and you're right it's hot here a lot different then the weather in Ohio chilly fall like and rainy..... I tried contacting you through email thought it would be fun to meet in person here on base while I was here, but never heard back, I know you're busy....hope you have fun with your family thus fourth, Is your brother, sister in law, Neice and nephew coming? I bet they miss you terribly......were planning a quite 4th, waiting for grand baby number 5...:)

Wishing you a good day.....
Blessings
Rhonda

Debbie said...

So happy that you are feeling settled and content in your new home! I hope you can catch up on your sleep soon.

Have a lovely week Sandra.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Sounds like you're having a big group for the holidays - HAVE FUN!!!!!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Love the photo!
Glad you are settling into your new home - must be such a wonderful feeling!
Hope you start getting more sleep soon!
Have a great week.

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you can get everything sorted out and that you have a great time with your family! xx