Monday, August 28, 2017

Weekend in Review

Oh my friends, I have been meaning to get a post up in what seems like forever.  I do have book reviews here and there, actually there seemed to have been quite a few scheduled around the same time, and I try not to do that but once in a while it happens.

Anyway, I'm still here, as always if you want to follow me on a more daily basis, you can do so over at Instagram, I do a lot of videos and stories etc over there.  It's just easier to quickly grab the phone and put something up.  But, of course I don't want that to become my only means of staying in touch, not now especially when I'm back to blogging full time.  Blogging still is and always will be my first love.

So what exactly have I been up to, well as always, I have quite a few pictures to show for the past weekend.

_MG_8825

_MG_8813

_MG_8816

_MG_8819

Had a busy Friday.  I was supposed to have gone straight to the commissary for groceries, at about 8am, but had an unexpected doctor's appointment come up for Jasmine in the morning, so took her in first, brought her back home, and then drove back to base to get groceries.

By the time I got back it was lunch time, got the kids fed, put all the groceries away and got right into house cleaning and homeschooling.  I finally sat down around 4pm to rest for just a few minutes before having to get dinner going.

It was just a busy day that went by in such a blur.


_MG_8828

_MG_8831

_MG_8847

_MG_8849

_MG_8850

_MG_8864

Saturday we had the annual Hotter'N Hell bicycle races here in town.  Everything pretty much shuts down and it's hard to go anywhere for most of the day.  We usually just stay home and don't even try to get out there.

This year, Curt was one of the volunteers handing out water and helping the cyclists as they came by, it's something he needs to do (well the volunteering part), in order to get promoted in his work.  He does enjoy it, so it wasn't a big issue.

We were up at 4am so that he could be at work by 5am and then worked until around 3pm.  One of the cool things is that they cyclist come right by our street, so I'm always able to see them, and I'm talking about cyclists from all over the globe, it's quite neat :)

I took the opportunity to do things around the house, and also get some baking done.  I love making treats for the dogs, I find them to be healthier and they love it too, so that's what I did.

 When Curt returned, he brought back these Medjool Dates which they were giving away.  I was so excited because I love them but they're quite pricey so I don't buy them very often at all.

Later in the day, we headed to Aldi to pick up some stuff for our upcoming family reunion this weekend.  Since we were in town, and right across the street from Panda Express, we picked it up for dinner.


_MG_8882

_MG_8886

_MG_8888

Sunday we had the family over for dinner, so I spent pretty much the whole day puttering around the kitchen, making some goodies for our meal.

I made two roast chickens, some garlic parmesan potatoes in the slow cooker, fried okra and fried green tomatoes which were divine.  It was a delicious meal, we enjoyed some conversation and laughs as we always do.

I got the laundry all done, did some carpet cleaning, tidied up here and there.  It felt like the weekend went by so quick and I didn't get to relax.....and here we are, Monday night, how crazy is that?

So that was my weekend, filled with busy stuff and family, good food and the usual living that happens.  Next weekend we will be at the lake so I'm hoping to finally get some rest and relaxation then, and I do plan on taking a lot of pictures and even some video.

But anyway, I am absolutely knackered and ready for bed, so I'm going to leave this one here and I'll be back tomorrow with another post in the Homemaker Series, so I hope you'll join me for that.

Have a blessed peaceful night!

6 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I spent Monday at the new doctor's office, then trying to get meds and drive myself home for the firs time. It was painful, so today, I have a driver. I pray that my venomous spider bite heals properly. The future possibilities are not easy ones, so I am hoping his work this week will show improvements. My kitchen is in full swing with garden harvest too. Handiwork is back in action, all in between babysitting the canner pot.

Pamela said...

Is the Homemaker Series taking the place of Happy Homemaker Monday? Didn't see it this week but after I read your weekend post, you were pretty busy so I'm thinking you just skipped it this week?

Sandra said...

No it's not taking the place of Happy Homemaker Monday, matter of fact I did post the Happy Homemaker Monday, but you might have missed it between the Weekend in Review and the book review I did. :) https://familycorner.blogspot.com/2017/08/happy-homemaker-monday-08282017.html

Pamela said...

I sure did! Thank you.

Ksunshine52 said...

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery from your bite!

UplayOnline said...

Series taking the place of Happy Homemaker Monday?


การ์ตูนโป๊