I hope you are all still around and haven't disappeared, like I have. I am missing my blog so much and just wishing that things were back on track. As it is, I will only be returning to full time blogging around December 29th because that is when the last family members leave.
Until then, it is going to be as it has been, just my Happy Homemaker Monday posts, unless I find a spare minute to come in and put up a quick post.
So much has been going on, I may actually do a quick update tomorrow, and catch you all up on what has been going on around here.
For now though, let's get right into today's post, as I need to get dressed and out the door in the next hour, to take my daughter to work.
The weather outside is::::Pretty cold at the moment, 30 degrees. The rest of the week we will stay in the 60s although there does seem to be a 70 degree day thrown in there. So weird.
Monday - Mostly Sunny, 57
Tuesday - Sunny, 63
Wednesday - Mostly cloudy, 62
Thursday - Sunny, 70
Friday - Mostly Sunny, 57
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 61
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 69
On the breakfast plate this morning::::I am finishing up a cup of coffee with White Chocolate Raspberry creamer. I don't know if I will eat anything for a while, maybe some toast later.
As I look outside my window:::The sun is just starting to rise and it looks beautiful. There is frost on the grass and ice on the car windshields. Our Christmas lights are still on, and I need to turn them off here shortly.
Right now I am::::Just sent hubby off to work, and am now quickly typing up this post, while also thinking about what I'm going to wear and all that I need to do today.
As I look around the house::::There are boxes with Christmas decorations, boxes with Fall decorations needing to be closed and put away. There are a ton of old gaming systems like Nintendo and Sega laying around as well, as the family has been enjoying those.
Honestly, looking around my house right now is stressing me out, my carpets need desperate cleaning, the house needs dusting and organizing. I need to do that today as I've been so incredibly busy and running around, that I haven't had a chance.
On today's to do list::::Laundry....No laundry, all laundry was done over the weekend.
Cleaning....Carpet cleaning, put away Fall decorations, bring out the rest of the Christmas decorations and put those boxes away as well. Give the house a good dusting. Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
Cooking.....Not really sure what we will do for lunch. Dinner is Gnocchi Bolognese, Garlic Bread and Salad.
On this week's to do list::::
- Take Jasmine to work and pick up.
- Closing on the house either tomorrow or Wednesday.
- Last minute shopping with my brother before he returns to South Africa
- Drop off brother at airport on Thursday morning, then drive an hour over to my mother in law's to see her and my father in law. They've both been dealing with health issues so we are going over to spend a few hours with them before returning home.
- Schooling with Nick.
- Find some time to go see my younger brother at my other brother's house. My brother Bruno and his family just arrived yesterday morning and will be here until the 28th.
On the menu this week::::Monday - Gnocchi Bolognese, Garlic Bread, Salad
Tuesday - Probably out to dinner to celebrate house closing
Wednesday - Beef and Broccoli with Sesame Noodles
Thursday - Away at in laws for the day, Jasmine and Nick will be home and will order pizza
Friday - Chicken Curry and Rice
Saturday - Panda Express Chow Mein
Sunday -Fried Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, Fried Okra
Currently reading::::Stay by Catherine Ryan Hyde.
On the TV this week::::
Vlogmas has started.
To be completely honest with you, I have not watched any television for about 3 weeks now. I have so much to catch up on, but just don't have the time.
What I am creating at the moment::::Rozeta CAL from Lilla Bjorn. Creating a Christmas atmosphere around the house.
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
Prayer Starter: Father, help me to always be a person of integrity. Help me to honor You by keeping my word and doing what I say I’ll do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
* The past few weeks I have had to go in and delete links that are NOT related to Happy Homemaker Monday. Folks, I have asked repeatedly to not add random links to other posts on your blogs, or just a link to your blog in general. It is a lot of work for me to sit and go through and manually delete them from the linky, and it's also incredibly rude to the other participants who are just looking for the Happy Homemaker Monday posts. Please be respectful!!!