Monday, September 21, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/21/2020 }

Good morning everyone, hope you've had a good weekend.

I am just ok.  We lost my sweet mother in law, on Friday morning, and since then we've been on auto pilot, trying to get things done, funeral planned, taking care of family and basically learning to live on without her.

We thought she had more time, she thought she had more time.  Turns out the 2 months she had, became 3 weeks from moment of diagnosis to her passing.

I can't even put into words how we are feeling, and so I won't attempt to.

I just want to thank each and every single one of you, who prayed for her these past few years, and especially the past 3 weeks.  The Lord chose to take her home earlier than we anticipated, and as much as we hurt for ourselves, we know that she is in a much better place.

Please continue to keep my family in your prayers, more specifically my husband, his brother Chris, my children and my father in law Ken.



♥♥The Weather♥♥
 
Monday - Partly cloudy, 81
Tuesday - AM showers, 73
Wednesday - AM clouds, 78
Thursday -  Sunny, 84
Friday - Sunny, 88
Saturday -  Sunny, 91
Sunday - Sunny, 85


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Exhausted.  Have been going to bed late and getting up very early to care for family.  I am numb, I am sad, I am a mix of feelings at the moment.    


♥♥On my mind♥♥
My sweet mother in law.  Her funeral is this week and I don't do well with funerals, but I have to be strong and be there for my husband.   


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

Cup of coffee with caramel creamer.      


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Book of Psalms in my Bible.

Have a couple review books, but haven't been able to read anything for a few days. 


♥♥On my tv♥♥

 My Portuguese Soap *Quer o Destino*
Youtube vlogs


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
Honestly have no idea.  My menu has been set aside, we have been eating out and eating food brought over by family and friends. 


♥♥From the camera♥♥
I have no photo to share today, sorry.


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
It is quiet at the moment.  It is also a big mess, we have my brother in law staying with us right now.  I had my father in law staying this weekend, and we also had family over to plan the funeral.  I honestly haven't done much cleaning, I haven't had the time or the inclination.  

But I am hoping to get into that sometime today.  

 
♥♥New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed♥♥
No new recipes.


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

I won't be relaxing this week, that much I know for sure.  However, I really need to try and take care of myself through this too, or I won't be any help to anyone else.  I am very tired, headachey, my lower back is killing me from walking and standing so much the past few days.

 

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥  

My father in law Ken.  He is so lost without my mother in law, and it breaks my heart to see him this way.  We spent a lot of time with him this weekend, I made him breakfast and lunch, made sure he was comfortable, and we allowed him to talk and talk and feel loved by the family as well.

My husband who is so hurt right now.  I don't know what to do to help him, so I'm supporting him as best as I can, in whichever way he needs me to.

My brother in law Chris who was actually holding her hand when she passed.  My heart just breaks for these boys.

The rest of the family through this grief, through this week, and through the funeral.

Our country, our President.

13 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra my heart is heavy for all of you...I pray your week goes by calmly god will guide you......prayers for all of you especially your poor fil I know he will be so lost.....thinking of you....

Luludou said...

So sorry for your loss. Will be thinking of you and your family

Jean said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace go out to you and your family during this tough time.

Anonymous said...

So Very Sorry Sandra ~ Condolences To All The Family ~ Love and Prayers xx

Monique G. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that your family will be in our prayers.

GranthamLynn said...

I'm sorry for your loss praying for you and your family

Dawn Marie said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I know there aren't any words that will make it all feel better but I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hang in there!!

Mari said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your dear MIL. I'm thankful you have such good memories of her and she will always be a part of you. Praying for all of you!

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra I know you’re crazy busy but you get a moment please send me your address again I had it but have misplaced it......
Rtigers83@aol.com
thank you Rhonda

Marcy said...

Prayers for you and your family at this very tender time. May you be blessed with strength, comfort, peace, and many happy memories.

Pamela said...

I'm so sorry, Sandra, I have been in your situation and I know how your heart hurts. Praying for comfort and strength for all of you.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sweetie I am so sorry to be running so late in commenting, but even more sorry that you all lost your sweet mother-in-law, Pat. I know your faith, family and sweet memories will help you all get through your grief. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

A said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.