Monday, September 28, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/28/2020 }

 Good morning everyone, how was your weekend?

I feel like I'm finally starting to get some sleep.  It had been a month since I had gotten proper sleep, and I truly felt like I was a walking zombie.  

We had my mother in law's funeral on Friday, got to spend the day with a ton of family which was wonderful.  Now we start the long process of grieving.  

I am hoping as things calm down, that I can start getting back into  my blogging and doing the things that bring me joy.  

Can you believe this is our last Happy Homemaker Monday for September of 2020?  These months are just flying right on by.

Alright, let's get going.



♥♥The Weather♥♥
 
Monday - Mix of clouds and sun, 74
Tuesday - Sunny, 79
Wednesday - Sunny, 91
Thursday -  Sunny, 79
Friday - Mostly Sunny, 76
Saturday -  Mostly Sunny, 84
Sunday - Sunny, 83


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
More rested, but boy have the allergies kicked in.  My poor brother in law suffers from allergies as well, so it's been me, him and Nick sneezing and coughing and sniffling constantly.  

 

♥♥On my mind♥♥
A lot of things, just trying to get through life at the moment, honestly.    


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

Just a cup of coffee.  I ran out of creamer so I sprinkled some cinnamon on the coffee to try and give it a little bit of a kick.        


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Book of Psalms in my Bible.  I really need to get back to my daily bible reading now that things have calmed down a little.
With everything going on, I haven't done much reading at all, but have tons of review books that I need to get through.


♥♥On my tv♥♥

 My Portuguese Soap *Quer o Destino*
Youtube vlogs


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
Have to work on a new menu plan for the next two weeks, as I'll be grocery shopping on Friday.

Monday - Spaghetti, Garlic Bread

Tuesday - Pork chops and Mashed potatoes

Wednesday - Fettucine Alfredo

Thursday - Take out (driving brother in law to Dallas for his flight)



♥♥From the camera♥♥
I couldn't find a photo of myself and my mother in law, and it was really bothering me.  I'm always the one behind the camera.  But when meeting with family before the funeral, we found this one on mom's cellphone.  Oh my goodness how happy did it make.  Love her so much and am going to miss her terribly.




♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
It is quiet for the moment.  Kids are still asleep although Jasmine will be up for work soon.  My brother in law is asleep on the couch, my husband is off to work.  The sun is just now starting to come up.  Yep Fall is here, takes longer to get brighter and also gets darker quicker at night. 

 
♥♥New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed♥♥
No new recipes.


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥

I am hoping to get some bible reading done, also start on one of the review books as well. 

 

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥  

Our family as we prepare to start the grieving process and learn to live without the presence of my mother in law.

My nephew Colby who broke his shin at his football game on Friday night.  

My brother in law Chris who is returning to his job in South Korea, this week.

Our country, our President.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

That's a lovely photo of the two of you.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh dear Sandra ~ I am so sorry for the loss of your mother-in-love to your family. So glad you found that pic of the two of you. ~ Love, hugs and prayers for you all ~ FlowerLady

Luludou said...

So happy for you to have found that picture. Sending lots of hugs to you and your family.

Jean said...

Glad you were able to find a picture of you with your mother-in-law. It's a great picture. Hope you have a calm and peaceful week ahead.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love the photo dear Friend! Still sending prayers for strength and comfort. And big hugs too! Blessings to you all. 💜 xoxo