Monday, February 21, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/21/2022 }

Good morning sweet ladies, how was your weekend?
 
Mine was wonderful, quiet, but too short.  Though, I am quite happy today is a holiday, and I have my whole family home with me.  Curt is going to take Jasmine driving today to get her the practice she needs, but other than that, nothing else planned, especially since we have thunderstorms incoming later today.
 
I hope you all have a blessed week ahead, thank you for always coming by, joining in with this feature, and leaving such sweet comments.  I appreciate you all very much. 




♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It feels so good out this morning.  It is currently 48 degrees, no wind just a little breeze.  I already opened my back patio door to let in the fresh air.  We are expecting a high of 78 today but by Wednesday there is another Winter storm incoming with ice and snow.  *sigh*

Monday - A mix of cloud and sun, 78
Tuesday - Mostly sunny,51
Wednesday - Wintry mix, 25
Thursday - Wintry mix, 35 
Friday - Partly cloudy, 41
Saturday - Cloudy, 43
Sunday - Sunny, 60


♥♥ How I am feeling ♥♥
I have been sleeping amazingly well, since using Alexa for the sleep sounds at night.  It's unbelievable just how well they help me sleep. 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Just a cup of coffee so far, in about an hour or so I'll have some toast and an egg. 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥
Finished Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks, and today I'm starting The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini.



♥♥ On my TV ♥♥
*My Portuguese soaps, Quero e Viver, Serra and Para Sempre. 
*Youtube vlogs



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
On the menu for the next two weeks, are family favorites.  I went back on my food blog, and just added meals we've enjoyed over the years.  All recipes are on Full Bellies, Happy Kids already, some I need to update, they are either missing photos or have really old ones that need updating.   So if you follow one of the links and the recipes don't look right, that is the reason.


Monday 
 Sausage Rice, Fried Okra
 
Tuesday 
 Chicken Alfredo, Salad

Wednesday 
Meatballs and Spaghetti, Garlic Knots
 
Thursday 
Dad's Favorite Chicken, Mashed Potatoes with carrot, Salad
 
Friday 
Sandwich Ring

Saturday
Baked Ziti, Homemade Garlic Bread

Sunday
Honey Mustard Chicken Strips, Homemade Waffle Fries, Bacon Thousand Island Chopped Salad



♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I'm sharing this photo below to show you, that even I have cakes that sometimes stick to the pan.  It doesn't happen very often, and I'm not even sure why some choose to do this, but it happens.  As long as it doesn't affect the taste, that's all that matters.  
 
This is a condensed milk cake, that I made yesterday afternoon.  



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
The back patio door is open and the only sounds coming in are birds chirping loudly.  I love it, it's one of my favorite things about living in the country.
 
Elliott is currently laying across the back of the couch, enjoying the sun rays coming in.  Aside from the sound of my keyboard keys, and the birds outside, the house is silent, as everyone is enjoying sleeping in on their day off. 



♥♥ To do list ♥♥
* Vacuum living room and dust
* Pay bills
* Tidy house
* Start new book
* Take pictures for next blog post
 
 
 
♥♥ Today's Devotional ♥♥
The good life is not found in the success of my will, but in the submission of all things to God’s will. - New Morning Mercies Devotional by Paul David Tripp


9 comments:

Sherry Jolly said...

I've been using Alexa for almost 2 years now! I listen to thunderstorms. Quickest way for me to fall asleep! Going over to check out the food blog, I haven't visited in a long time!

Deanna said...

Blessings to you this Monday and every day from the Kansas prairie. Glad you are sleeping better! That's wonderful.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely!
I dream on a 78 degree day. I hope you're enjoying extra for me! Lol ☀️ You should see the blizzard I'm currently dealing with. ugh!
I used to have a sleep app and it really did help. My sleep has been better so I didn't use it anymore and got rid of it. But I think sounds like that are amazing to help. My favorite was the sound of rain, wind with windchimes.
I think you need to make a cookbook of all of your amazing desserts. Well, really all of your recipes! Lol 😉
Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

Bobbing Along said...

I too love the sounds of the birds chirping. The silent house is sometimes most therapeutic and gives peace.

Jean said...

Sounds like you are getting the same back and forth weather that we have around here. That cake looks absolutely delicious. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Carol said...

I was able to set outside for a bit yesterday and it was so nice. I am so tired of being in the house and although the temperatures were nice today, it has rained all day. I had to start the woodstove as the house was feeling damp and cold.

A Runners Mom & More said...

I can't believe I'm aching for Spring weather to get here in Ky, the up and down temps are getting to me. Please share the cake recipe, it looks delish!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh my that condensed milk cake looks sooooo yummy! Weather has been all over the place here too. We just finished a winter storm and are now just bitter cold, expecting 18 degrees tonight. I just know you're going to love the Sugar Camp book. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Luludou said...

that cake makes me want to make one. Enjoy your week