Monday, May 09, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/09/2022 }

 
Good morning sweet ladies, how are you all doing today?  Are you ready for a whole new week ahead?
 
I am praying and hoping for a good week for us.  My mammogram went well, and got a good report on that.  Unfortunately the house sale, was held up once again, so we've had to move it to sometime this week.  Not sure on the day yet.  At this point, I'm just riding it out and believing that God is in control and this will happen, in His time, when He wants it to.  
 
I have a pretty busy week ahead, lots of driving back and forth for appointments and so on, but will have a day off on Wednesday, which I'm very much looking forward to.  I'm hoping to finally get the recipes up on the food blog, and maybe a post or two here on the blog.  
 
I am wishing you all a very blessed week ahead, and a belated Happy Mother's Day to all my sweet mommas in here.  


 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
We hit our first triple digit temperature yesterday, and today we are headed the same way.  I love this time of the year, but the heat is not a friend to peri or menopause hahahah 

Monday -  Windy with sunshine, 103
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 97
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 94
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 97
Friday - PM thunderstorms, 94
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 93
Sunday - Sunny, 91



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
The wind is here, AGAIN.  It's just never leaving, we have wind at least once a day.  From my bedroom window I can see my veggie garden, which reminds me I need to get out there and water it this morning before the heat of the day sets in.  



♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on the bed, the furry babies are asleep next to me, and I have a video playing on the TV.  I am typing up this post, sipping on my second cup of coffee, and trying to relax a bit before I have to go back out, come home, then out again.  *sigh* 



♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
On this house sale.  Curt and I just need it over and done with, so we can get out from this financial strain we've been under the past 2 years. 
 
 

♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
A little tired, but pretty good.  Truthfully, I wish I didn't have to go anywhere today.  Hahahah 



♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I am on my second cup of coffee, and I also had a cheese and ham toastie.  
 


♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
Exodus in my Bible
My devotional
Janette Oke's Women of the West
The Resistance Girl (book review)

(Nothing on this list has changed.)



♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Yesterday for mother's day, Curt and I just sat in bed practically all day, and watched TV together.  It was wonderful to be able to do that, have nowhere to go, just sit and enjoy time together.
We watched the first episode of the new Star Trek series, and really enjoyed it.
Also watched the movie Moonfall which was really good as well.
The rest of the day, we watched Seinfeld episodes.  
 
On the tv this week, every night before bed we watch one or two Seinfeld episodes.  We just pick a series and go with that until it's done, then move on to a different one. 
Youtube homemaking channels
 


♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Will start to work on the new menu throughout this week, but here's what we are eating the next few days. 


Monday - Crispy Cheddar Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Spinach
Tuesday - Fold over Tortilla Bake, Salad
Wednesday - Baked Feta Pasta, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Chicken and Dumplings Casserole, Salad
Friday - *grocery shopping*
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 

♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
I still need to give my carpets a good carpet clean.  They're vacuumed but definitely need a good carpet clean.  I've opened all the curtains in the house, to let in the gorgeous morning sun. 



♥♥  To Do List ♥♥
-  Water the veggie garden
-  Take Nick to get his military ID renewed
 


♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
My beautiful rose bushes are all blooming.  The pink one is the one I've had for 3 years now, got it from Lowes clearance sale as it was almost dead.  But, it's come back to life, tripled in size and gives out the most beautiful roses.
 
The red rose, I also got from a clearance sale, but from Atwoods about a month ago, it was also almost dead, but it's come back to life and has the most gorgeous red and white roses.




♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
I must always remember the grace I am daily given, and extend that grace to the people in my life. 
New Morning Mercies Devotional by Paul David Tripp




5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I remember selling our last house - what a pain, took 2 months longer to close than it was supposed to! We were already here and settled and on vacation before it FINALLY closed - you are so right to just be patient, there's always a reason. We do the same thing with old rerun series - hubby seems to have to have something on to fall asleep by though I could just read. Stay cool and have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

Gorgeous roses! Sorry the house sale is delayed again. Sounds like you had a wonderful low-key Mother's Day. We have the heat and wind here as well though thankfully no triple digits (yet, sure it's coming to us sooner or later). Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Your roses are lovely. Sounds like you Mother's Day was just what you needed after the house news. Selling or buying a home can be a hassel.

Luludou said...

Hoping the house sells soon. Happy belated Mother's day. Heat is starting for us this week too. beautiful pictures of the roses

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Friend
I can't believe your temps! Crazy how they jumped up and stayed up now so quickly. No wonder your roses look SO beautiful! Sounds like it was the perfect loungey Mother's Day. We don't get to do nearly enough of that. I wondered about that Moonfall movie. Prayers all will get settled with the house for sure this week! 🙏