Monday, May 30, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/30/2022 }

Good morning sweet friends, hope you are all having a fantastic Memorial Day weekend.  Let's first and foremost remember why we celebrate this day......to remember those who died during military service.  My thoughts and prayers are with all those who perished fighting for our country, and with the families who were left behind.
 
Our weekend has been quiet.  Curt actually went to get together with his side of the family on Saturday, but I had previous engagements so wasn't able to make it.  That's ok though, he enjoyed his time there and that is what matters.
 
I am not doing much of anything today, other than returning my new bread maker to Target.  I mentioned before my old one broke and I'm so upset, even though it was bought at a thrift store for $5, it worked for 10 years and was just perfect.  I tried buying another online through Target, and I was wanting a bigger size, since my previous was only 1.5lbs.  I bought a 2lb, and much to my surprise, I opened the box and the breadmaker was almost half the size of my previous one.  Weird!!!
 
Anyway, that's basically what I'm doing today, going to return it and try to find a good sized one.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, hope you're spending time with your friends and family.  
 
BTW, I am about to reply to all the comments from last week's post, and will be visiting you all later today.  I'm sorry I've been so bad about doing it the past few weeks.
 
Now, let's see what is happening around our homes..... 


 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
The wind is back, it's driving me insane.  The temperature right now is 75 and it's not even 9am.  Oh boy.  We are however expecting some more rain this week, which I'm good with, as long as there's no tornadoes involved.

Monday -  Windy with a mix of clouds and sun, 95
Tuesday - Mostly sun and wind, 95
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 89
Thursday - AM Thunderstorms, 74
Friday - AM Thunderstorms, 80
Saturday - Isolated Thunderstorms, 89
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 94



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥
Crazy winds again, so all I am seeing is the trees swaying crazily, back and forth.  What else am I seeing?
Grackle Birds flying around from tree to grass, and back to tree.  2 bunnies playing.  Grass that needs to be mowed again.  Empty flower pots that were knocked down by the wind.  Bird feeder needing to be refilled. 



♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
Just sat down on my bed real quick to type up this post.  I've already been out of the house to run an errand, came back and made my breakfast, made my bed, and now I'm working on getting this out for you all. 



♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
About how thankful I am to God for the blessings He continues to shower upon us.  Selling my mother in law's house has taken such a huge financial weight off our shoulders.  We didn't get as much as the house is worth, but it was enough for us to take our half, and pay off pretty much all of our debt, only leaving us with Curt's truck.  We may not have much money at all left to put in savings, but that's more than ok.  You have to count your blessings and look at the bigger picture.    
 
 

♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
Pretty good, although dealing with a little bit of pain in my right wrist.  Not sure if it's due to Carpal Tunnel, or if I twisted it doing something.  I don't know.  Maybe it's because I'm 47 and it seems with every year some new pain comes up.  Hahahah   



♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Had a cup of coffee and some cereal.    
 


♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
Still haven't finished Exodus in my Bible
My devotional.
Janette Oke's Women of the West



♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Seinfeld
Homemaking vlogs 
Pirates of the Caribbean
 


♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Costoletas de Cebolada (Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Green Beans
Tuesday - Cream Fettucine, Bacon Swiss Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday - Sloppy Joe Sour Cream Rice Bake, Broccoli
Friday - Hot and Spicy Lasagna, Salad
Saturday - Fried Chicken with Milk Gravy, Potato Wedges
Sunday - Baked Beef Ravioli, Sauteed Squash
 
 

♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
It's quiet.  House is clean and tidy.  Yesterday hubby and I picked up a few plants, but it's been so windy that we want them inside for now.  We set up a shelf in the living room, with all the plants.  Is there anything better than a house filled with greenery? 



♥♥  To Do List ♥♥
-  Nothing, going to enjoy this day off with the hubby home. 
 


♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
Our sweet Kaia has fit right into the family, and her and Elliott have become the best of friends.  It's very sweet to see. 
 

 

♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
No need to carry the burden or ownership of your life today.  You have been bought with a price, so you don't belong to you anymore.  - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp

5 comments:

Luludou said...

Hope you have a good week. I agree as we grow older a new pain shows up every week, at least, for now, they haven't come to stay.

threesidesofcrazy said...

So glad Kaia has made herself a member of the family :D And thrilled for you that the burden of your MIL's house is off your shoulders and has brought some financial relief for you too! The weather has been so weird here too! Lots of abnormal cold and wind this year. Personally, I 'm convinced that the TONGA underwater volcano that went off in January is playing a part in our strange weather - they say it was stronger than the atomic bomb and circled the globe 4 times - how can that not affect the weather? I hope your storms aren't too strong and you have a great week. Happy Bread Maker shopping.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Friend 😊
I'm so glad Kaia and Elliot are becoming great buds! They are both so adorable. 😍 And that doesn't make sense with the breadmaker. I hope you can find what you're looking for! Have a blessed week ahead. xo

Jean said...

Hope you can find a bread maker that works for you. We've had the weird windy weather as well. Hope you wrist is feeling better and that you have a great rest of your week!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I am literally watching Seinfeld right now. It is the episode where Jerry dates the Miss America contestant! Love your new little Kaia. Beautiful.