Thursday, July 21, 2022

{ Cooking Thursday }

Good morning my dear friends, hope you're having a blessed day.

You're probably shocked to see a Cooking Thursday show up, after all it has been, oh goodness, years maybe since the last one I shared?  It used to be one of my most popular posts, when I first started it years ago, but somehow along the way I stopped posting and sharing.  I apologize for that.

I think as homemakers, at least speaking for myself, I love sharing recipes with family and friends.  I love trying out new dishes and especially if they are family favorites, or passed down from generation to generation.

If you've been around for a while, you may remember I initially started Slow Cooking Thursday, where we shared wonderful slow cooked recipes.  But as the time went by, I got a lot of emails asking if they could share just normal recipes as well, not just slow cooked, so I decided to change it to Cooking Thursday instead.

So here we are.  I'm hoping to keep this one going again, just like my Happy Homemaker Monday feature every week.

 
 
The recipe I am going to share with you today, I haven't even posted on my food blog yet. I guess it should go up there, right after this post goes up. 
 
But, it is a recipe for a really super easy baked fettucine, it is meatless, which is a great meal when you want to cut down on your food budget, as well. 

IMG_3091


Baked Fettucine 
 
 
Ingredients:
1 pound fettucine noodles, cooked according to package directions
3 cups spaghetti sauce (your choice)
1 small onion, diced
1/4 cup of vegetable oil 
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
Parsley, green onion, cilantro, to taste
Shredded cheese (your choice)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 
 
In a 13 x 9 inc. baking pan, add the spaghetti sauce, then the onion, oil, cream cheese, oregano, salt, parsley, green onion and cilantro, and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.  Mix everything well, then bake for 10 minutes.
 
In the meantime, if you haven't yet done so, cook your noodles according to package directions.
 
Remove sauce from the oven, add in the noodles, and mix well until everything is combined.  Top with more shredded cheese and pop back in the oven, for another 5 minutes or so, until cheese is melted.
 
Serve immediately.


IMG_3092

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Sandra. This recipe sounds so good, so I will be keeping this recipe and trying it out on my family. It is good to see you back in blogland. I remember reading your blog and participating in Happy Homemaker Monday years ago. Have a good week. Thanks for coming by my blog to say hello. See you again soon!

Mari said...

This looks good, something we would like! Glad you are coming back to Cooking Thursday. It's one of my most popular posts too.

TheAwakenedSoul said...

That sounds delicious! I love fettucini.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post