Monday, July 18, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/18/2022 }

Good morning my sweet friends.  
 
Welcome back to my blog, and to another week of homemaking.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your family, or friends.  Ours was so nice.  We had nothing going on, no plans, no outside work due to the heat.  
 
So, we hunkered down inside, stepped out to grill some food, then back in.  We took naps, watched tv, relaxed, I read, I blogged, I took photos, I baked.  It was wonderful.
Now we are ready for the week ahead.  I pray God blesses each of us, and keeps His loving hand and His favor on our lives.
 
To all the new faces that have somehow found their way to my blog, welcome, I hope you enjoy what you see.  There is a lot to read over here, post after post, all the way back from 2006, through little kids, active duty life, deployments, my ongoing spiritual journey and moving States twice, etc.
 
Now, let's get on with today's post.....

 
 
 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We are in desperate need of rain.  Please keep our State in your prayers.  For today, we have an excessive heat warning, so other than running a quick errand this morning to the pharmacy, we will be once again indoors.  We are staying in the triple digits for a long time with not a drop of rain in sight.  Extremely hot temps the next few days too.   

Monday -  Hot, 108
Tuesday - Mostly Sunny, 114
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 110
Thursday - Mostly cloudy, 104
Friday - Partly cloudy, 104
Saturday - Sunny, 105
Sunday - Sunny, 106



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥ 
From my window, I see beautiful trees, blue skies and yellow grass. 
 
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Still sitting in bed, actually working on this post early today, thankfully.  Kaia and Elliott are asleep next to me and I'm watching Grace and Glory on TV. 
 
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
On this awful heat and the damaging effects to everything around us.  We're trying to keep buckets of water outside for the animals and birds.  Praying we get rain. 
 
 
 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm feeling quite well, it always helps when you have a quiet and relaxing weekend.  It replenishes the soul, and gives you that boost of energy you need to head into the week ahead. 
 
 
 
 ♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I've had a cup of coffee with vanilla creamer, but nothing to eat yet.  Will probably have a sandwich in about an hour.  
 
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Tomato and Mayo Sandwich. 
 
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
I have some leftover steak from the grill, and some leftover barbecue chicken as well, so I'm going to take both and make a rice dish of some kind.  Will pair it with a salad. 
 
 
 
 ♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Still in my comfy nightgown.  Will put on some shorts and a tank later.  
 
 
 
 ♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Reading through Isaiah in the Bible
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional. 
Janette Oke's Women of the West, book two Julia's Last Hope 
What Will They Think? Nine Women in the Bible Who Can Help You Live your Life Boldly by Grace Valentine (book review)
 
Finishing off book two of Janette Oke's series, and also the review book.
 
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Mad About You 
Homemaking vlogs 
Becoming Elizabeth 
STILL haven't watched the Downtown Abbey movie, so that is definitely happening this week
 
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Starting to work on the new meal plan.  The new one will kick in on Friday, so only have meals planned until then.....but this is what we're having the next few days.
 
Monday - Leftover Steak and Chicken Rice, Salad
Tuesday - Carne Picada com Arroz (Ground beef and Rice) 
Wednesday -  Oven baked meatballs, Spaghetti noodles, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Grilled Pizza (didn't make it last week)
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
The house is still asleep.  You know how we say our families are asleep?  Well our homes also seem to have a slumber state, it's that time in the early morning before the sun starts streaming through the windows.  
 
The house is quiet, dark.  Pretty soon, it will come alive, with bright sun illuminating every room, open windows letting in a morning breeze, sounds of homemaking in the background and happy cats and dogs running around. 

 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Feed the Amish Friendship Bread
- Start a new sourdough starter (the one I had going last week, didn't turn out)
- Pick up prescription from CVS
- Menu plan and start filling cart for Walmart pickup
- Write up August's monthly budget
- Make more sandwiches for the fridge
- Look up fabric for sewing project I want to start 
- Take photos for blog post
- Post recipes on food blog
 
 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Sweet Kaia.  She reminds me so much of Marley, but is nothing like him in a way.  This little girl is a handful, naughty, a bundle of energy and very much needing of attention constantly. 
 

 
 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
Today, thank God for what you don't yet see!  Offer Him the ones you love who don't yet know Him, and thank Him in advance for their salvation. 
- The 28 Day Prayer Journey by Chrystal Evans Hurst -


5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I've been trying to rewatch Mad About You also, but lately have been bothered about their constant bickering so have moved on and will double back at a later date. I'm praying for Texas (and the rest of the country) as the extreme heat seems be everywhere making a summertime worse than it needs to be. Let it rain, but not so much that it floods. Kaia really is getting so big! I hope this next sourdough starter does better for you - nothing more frustrating than having to start over on that process. Have a wonderful week my friend and may you find many an indoor project to accomplish.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Love! Happy new week. Sending huge prayers for your weather to break and that you get much needed rain! 🙏 Kaia is so pretty and seems like such a sweet girlie. Blessings! xo

Luludou said...

You just described a perfect weekend!! Hope you get rain soon... hot here too , thunderstorms in the forecast but nothing yet...

Jodi said...

You guys are getting all the hot weather! We are in need of rain as well, just not as hot here. Oh a tomato and mayo sandwich sounds yummy!! Kaia is beautiful!

Chrissy T said...

Oh, I love this. I am glad to have stopped by. We are also having extreme three digit temps! I can't wait to participate in this. I am returning to blogging. I blogged from 2005-2015 and took a break but I am back!!!