Monday, August 14, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/14/2023 }


 
Good morning everyone.  
 
I am running soooo late today.  We just had our family reunion, and the last family members left not too long ago, so I'm now rushing to get this post up.  
 
I won't chit chat as always, just going to get right on with our late Happy Homemaker Monday.  

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
It's been awful.  So hot!  Thankfully today and tomorrow are staying below 100, but the rest of the week, we will be right back into the triple digits.    
 
Monday -  91
Tuesday - 95
Wednesday - 102
Thursday - 111
Friday - 109
Saturday - 109
Sunday - 108



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
My pool is up and running.  Everyone enjoyed it during the reunion, and it helped with the unbearable heat.  I have to tidy up a bit around the fire pit and eating area, there are some drinks that were left out there by family members.         
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting on the couch, working on this post, and trying to stay still.  I am beyond exhausted. 
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
That we had a wonderful family reunion, again, but having 35 people in my house, at once, is crazy.  As much as I loved the get together, I'm also happy and relieved that it's over and done with. 


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The sound of the birds outside, and the sound of my dryer inside.Have a lot of laundry to do.

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Exhausted, and quite sore.  My lower back has been really hurting me the past week or so.  Even going to the store, I have to constantly stop and try to bed over a little, or use a shopping cart to stretch out my back because walking is bothering me.      
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I had 2 cups of coffee, very much needed today, and some toast.               
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Leftovers from the reunion.     
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Chicken Fricassee, Rice, Zucchini in tomato sauce
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Shorts and a tank top.                     

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible, although I've been terrible at reading it lately.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
 

 Kazara Ask    

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Need to work on the new meal plan

Monday - Chicken Fricassee, Rice, Zucchini in tomato sauce
Tuesday - Pork Souvlaki, Greek fries
Wednesday -  Hot and Spicy Lasagna, Salad   
Thursday
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
My poor carpets need to be cleaned again.  With the amount of people we had, in and out of the house constantly, they are a mess.  
 
I did manage to get the house picked up after everyone left, but still need to dust.                   
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
Laundry, housework and meal plan

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
“The wise of heart will receive commands” and the “one who is on the path of life follows instruction” (vv. 8, 17). If we wish to continue growing in Christlikeness, we must leave ourselves open to receive the Lord’s teachings via whatever or whomever He chooses.
 
 


10 comments:

Cara said...

Whew! Superwoman! Bless you for hosting everything at your house! Please take that back pain seriously before it becomes worse. I hope you have a line-up of many days of rest to fully recover from this huge event you hosted--you've definitely earned it. Stay cool in this crazy heat!

Jean said...

Hope you take some time to rest and relax this week! Glad the reunion was a success but wow, what a big job for you, hosting in everyone in your home. Hope your weather cools off at least a little bit and that you have a wonderful week!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That sounds like a lot of work. You deserve a rest. Wow! Those are some crazy hot temps!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

From the bits I saw on insta it looked like your reunion was a smashing success! 😊 Now time to rest a relax a while. I hope you have a blessed and cooler week ahead. xoxo

Luludou said...

Glad you enjoyed your reunion. Hope your back feels better quickly and you can settle back into routines. Have a great week

Faith said...

OOh Hope your back begins to feel better. I have twice monthly chiropractic visits for my back/neck/headache issues...it really works.

LOVED seeing this from another person's blog so decided to participate. So fun! Now that I'm retired from teaching I have more time to read blogs and do this kind of thing.

ENJOY the week and I hope it cools off for you wherever you are.

Stacy said...

I'm glad you got your pool up! I still haven't gotten in mine yet this summer- but my kids have enjoyed it. I'm glad that your reunion was a success! You still have a better meal plan than I do and I didn't have people over this weekend haha! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Mrs.T said...

Glad your reunion was successful and that you got your pool up in time for everyone to use it to cool off. Put your feet up and get some rest; you've earned it.

Create With Joy said...

Thank you so much for hosting Sandra - have a blessed week! :-)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Glad you had a great family reunion, but hope you're taking some time for yourself this week after all that work!