Monday, August 07, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/07/2023 }

 

 
Good morning sweet ladies.  Welcome back to my blog!  
 
I am actually getting this post up super early, because I have another busy day ahead.  Nick got a jury summons, and I need to drop him off for that, then head to Walmart to pick up some blow up mattresses for the family reunion this coming weekend.
 
My stepmom arrived from South Africa yesterday, and what a blessing it is.  No matter how old we are, it's always good to have mom around, isn't it?
 
I also have my birthday coming up on Thursday, I'll be turning 49.  How?  How has time gone by so quick?  And on Saturday, it's our 25th Wedding Anniversary during the reunion.  So lots to do and prepare for.  Send some energy my way, if you have some to share.
 
Anyway, without further delay, let's get going with our post.

Hope you all have a blessed week!
 
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We are still dealing with excessive heat warnings.  Our grass is all dead, and we haven't seen rain for a while, although it's predicted to rain tonight.  I hope it does.  The rest of the week looks like more hot weather.   
 
Monday -  99
Tuesday - 104
Wednesday - 108
Thursday - 106
Friday - 109
Saturday - 105
Sunday - 105



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
As I said above, our yards are yellow, full of dead grass.  It always makes me sad to see, I miss the green everywhere.       
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting in the office, and working on this post.  We gave our bedroom to my stepmom, so that she can be more comfortable, and Curt and I are sleeping on the futon in the office.             
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
I have a ton to do this week, like a ton.  I need to get it all on paper so that I don't forget something.  


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The sound of the fan next to me, and the turtle tank filter.                

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Honestly?  Sore.  My neck and back are hurting a bit.  When you're used to your own bed, and then have to sleep somewhere else, it's a bit rough at first.    
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I'm having a cup of coffee at the moment, will have some toast in about an hour.             
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure yet.  Will see what I feel like later.   
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
 
Monday - Meatballs and Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Fricassee, Rice, Zucchini in tomato sauce
Wednesday - Pork Souvlaki, Greek fries
Thursday - My birthday (Schnitzel, potato and carrot mash, salad)
Friday - Family reunion - Pizza, chips and dip
Saturday - Family reunion - Barbecue, salads, chips, cookies, dessert
Sunday - Leftovers  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
My nightgown at the moment.                     

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
 
 
Veda Mektubu - Just started    

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Seafood Curry
TuesdayBifes de Cebolada, Rice, Antalya Bean Salad
Wednesday -  Cottage Pie, Cretan Zucchini in Tomato Sauce   
Thursday - Chicken in a Bag, Fries, Broccoli
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
We had my side of the family, over last night for pizza, and to see my stepmom.  So I have to clean up after that, just basically tidy up the dining room and so on.  Also need to dust the living room and tidy up in there.  Looks a bit untidy at the moment.                     
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Take Nick to Jury Summons
- Walmart for blow up mattresses
- Clean and tidy house
- Refill chicken water and food
- Finish filling pool
- Prepare for reunion

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
Why growth matters!  - Daily Devotions 
 

2 Peter 3:14-18

When a baby is born, it’s a cause for celebration but also anticipation. Before discharging the family, the doctor checks that everything is as it should be. And then, once at home, Mom and Dad watch carefully to make sure the baby eats enough, sleeps well, and meets milestones. In the days and months (and years!) to come, parents pay attention to the child’s development—not just physical but also cognitive and emotional. If there aren’t signs of growth, something is probably wrong. 

The same is true of our life in Christ. When we first receive Jesus as Lord, we’re spiritual infants, beginning a wonderful new life in Him. But from then on, it’s important to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior” (2 Pet. 3:18). Otherwise, we can easily be misled by wrong teaching, doubt, and temptation. 

Growing in our relationship with Jesus requires that we fill our life with practices that promote good spiritual health. These include regular worship, prayer, Bible study, fellowship with other believers, and serving with our gifts and talents. Such disciplines nourish us—they’re like vitamins and exercise for the soul. 

How has your spiritual growth been recently? What changes would help strengthen your faith?

 


10 comments:

Daniela said...

Sandra Dear,
I hope you're enjoying your toasts while I'm posting this comment of mine!
I'm always far happy to take part to Happy Homemaker Monday and to read the post you've written.
I heartily thank you for hosting!
Have a blessed day you too
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello beautiful Sandra! I pray for smooth sailing with all of your events - and lots of fun too! Yes, God bless Mom. 💗 And sending you best wishes and blessings for your birthday (you look 29!), your anniversary, and a wonderful reunion with family. xoxo

Jean said...

Happy Early Birthday! And Happy Anniversary as well! Hope you have a wonderful week filled with love and celebrations with all your family.

Luludou said...

Enjoy having your family with you and sending rain your way

Luludou said...

Happy anniversary and Happy birthday in advance

Mrs.T said...

Love your ponderings about spiritual growth. So very important and yet many believers don't take time to nurture their growth through the disciplines you mentioned.

Happy birthday and anniversary! Have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Iam with you on the Heat. Family reunion are always fun Have a great ⏲️ time.

Stacy said...

Happy birthday and anniversary!!! You have a lot to celebrate! I hope you have an amazing celebration for both! I also hope both the reunion and the visit with your Mom goes well. :) Have a wonderful week!

Create With Joy said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you! Thank you for hosting. Have an awesome month!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Running a bit late (as usual lately), but want to wish you a Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and Happy Family Reunion! Have a wonderful week my friend.