Monday, August 21, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/21/2023 }

 

 
Good morning ladies!
 
Here we are again, another Monday, another week that has flown by, and another busy day.  Years ago I felt that summer was my slow time of the year.  Things seemed to slow down, we relaxed, took it easy and enjoyed the hotter weather.
 
Now it seems things have changed, for a few years now, summer seems to be my most busiest time of the year.  I sometimes feel like I don't have a chance to breathe, before another day dawns upon me.  I'm so over it, I'm ready for Fall and Winter, for cooler days, for slower days, for down time and being able to relax without hosting anyone or anything.
 
Can you tell I am in desperate need of a break?  
 
Anyway, let's get on with our post.  As we inch closer to September, I am very much looking forward to some time alone, in my home, just pottering around, homemaking, and getting back to blogging.  Let's hope it turns out the way I want.
 
Have a wonderful blessed week, friends ♥♥
 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
I am actually struggling with the sun and the heat.  I've never had an issue, but now, it seems every time I go out into the pool or the sun, I get nauseous and headachy.  This heat is nothing like I've ever felt.  What is going on?  We desperately need rain again and for the temperatures to stay below 110.  Please!!!      
 
Monday -  Cloudy skies, 108
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 107
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 105
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 108
Friday - Mostly sunny, 107
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 107
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 106



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
It's cloudy but the temperatures are still very hot.  We have been under Excessive heat warnings for 3 weeks now.  The grass is yellow, the trees are suffering.  It's awful, it looks miserable out there.           
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Trying to get this post up, while nursing a headache.   
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
About slower days.  It's been on my mind for weeks now.  I can't wait to slow down.   


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Nothing at the moment.  Just the fan above me.

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Like I said above, I have a headache from the heat.  Also have a congested nose, which is no doubt, related to allergies.  Also tired.  Also, also, also.......you know.      
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Coffee and toast.               
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Made sausage rice for dinner last night, will have that for lunchLeftovers from the reunion.     
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green beans.
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Blue and white striped shorts and blue top.                 

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Nothing at the moment.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
 


Meryem - After an accident, an innocent girl find herself between a dishonest prosecutor and a vengeful plaintiff in the "Fairy Tale of Innocence".
  

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green beans
Tuesday - Dad's Favorite Chicken, Rice, Salad
Wednesday -  Slow Cooker Beef Ramen, Egg Rolls   
Thursday - Ravioli, Garlic Bread
Friday - Pork Schnitzel, Garlic Spaghetti, Piaz Salad
Saturday - Frango no Churrasco (Portuguese BBQ chicken), Potato Salad
Sunday -  Vegetable Curry and Rice


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
It is clean and tidy, thank goodness.  I do need to do some dusting.                     
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
Laundry
Housework

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
Jesus’ words in today’s passage sound too good to believe. He said the kingdom of heaven was at hand and promised that “some of those who are standing here” would see it. But the next day—and the five after that—were just normal days in the same dark world. 

On the sixth day, however, Peter, James, and John were with Jesus for what we now call the Transfiguration. And what an amazing thing they witnessed! As their Master’s appearance changed, they saw His face shining “like the sun” and His clothes a luminous white.

The next day the three disciples awoke as usual in the world they had always known—but they were different. They had seen the promised kingdom. And they carried that hopeful memory for the rest of their days, living in the light of the kingdom Jesus had revealed.

In his epistles, Peter wrote about that hope in the King and His coming kingdom. He said that he, James, and John were “eyewitnesses of His majesty” (2 Peter 1:16). He believed what he saw and trusted that Jesus’ promises were “a lamp shining in a dark place” (2 Peter 1:19).

The Transfiguration offers us the same hope today. Since the King’s majesty has been revealed to us as well, we can endure our dark places by living in the light of the coming kingdom.



6 comments:

Luludou said...

Hope your heatwave is over with this week and that cooler days and routine come quickly. Have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I know what you mean dear Friend! Up here in the northwoods we treasure this brief time of summer with lovely weather and try to pack in all the things (family reunions, activities etc) before the LONG season of hibernation. So it feels like summer goes so fast and is jam packed! I hope you get your cool down and rest time soon. That the season slows for you and you get more time for yourself. Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Astrid said...

I'm sorry about your headache. Our weather is quite warm too, but it's most welcome as most of July and early August were rainy and chilly for summer.

A Runners Mom & More said...

Bring on Fall/Winter!!

Stacy said...

I'm very ready for cooler days as well!!! So ready! I hope you get to feeling better! Have a great week, thanks so much for hosting as always!

Jean said...

This summer has been both busy and hot, hope your cooler, more relaxed days arrive very soon. Hope by now you are feeling better although I know the heat is still there. Have a wonderful rest of your week!