Monday, September 04, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/04/2023 }

 
 
Good morning, and a very happy Monday, to you all!!!

First, I want to welcome September.  I am so glad to see this month come around, not only because it means Fall is literally around the corner, but this hot weather has long overstayed it's welcome.  It's time to go.

I can't begin to put into words, just how happy I am to see this month and this new week start.  The guests have all returned home, my stepmom is back in South Africa, and there are no get togethers or plans for the near future.  I needed a break, and I'm sure happy to see it.

Now, let's get right on with our post.  Hope you all have a blessed week ahead!



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We had a little break in the heat wave, not much, but even just a few degrees cooler, helped a lot.  Unfortunately it was short lived, as we're heading back into triple digits this week again.  Ugh!!! 
 
Monday -  Abundant sunshine, 106
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 106
Wednesday - Sunny, 105
Thursday - Sunny, 108
Friday - Mostly sunny, 109
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 100
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 99


♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
From my bedroom window, I can see our fire pit area, our seating area, the pool, and the chicken coop.  I love all these little corners of my home.               
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Just finished cleaning the coop and giving them fresh water and food.  I am now sitting down to work on this post.    
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
About what I need to do this week, and leading up to our pecan harvest.       


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
SIC Portuguese live tv.  

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
My back has been hurting.  I cleaned the pool out yesterday and that didn't help.  It helps a lot while I'm in the pool, but after, I suffer from lower back pain.          
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Just coffee with vanilla creamer and some bread with butter.                
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure, there is leftover spaghetti from dinner, but I may just have yogurt with fruit.  It's too hot sometimes for a hot meal.        
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Pataniscas de Sardinha, Arroz de Tomate.  (Sardine fish Cakes, Tomato Rice)
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Shorts and a tank top.  I'm starting a treadmill workout today, to hopefully lose some of this hormonal weight which is just not budging.                    

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Nothing at the moment.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
In the morning, usually live Portuguese TV....the news, talk shows etc.  
 
At night, I usually watch my Turkish shows.  I just finished Carpisma.  Starting Ruhun Duymaz, but it's a new one and ongoing, so there aren't many episodes.  I will probably also watch Genecin Kralicesi
  

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Pataniscas de Sardinha, Arroz de Tomate.  (Sardine fish Cakes, Tomato Rice)
Tuesday - Homemade Rotisserie Chicken, Potato Bake, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday -  Korean Beef Bowls   
Thursday - Shrimp Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice
Friday - Smoked Sausage Stuffed Sandwiches, Curly Fries
Saturday - Leftovers, Sandwiches, Whatever
Sunday -  Sheet Pan Tacos, Salad


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
It needs to be tidied up, just basically pillows fluffed and placed back on the couch, and carpets need vacuuming.                       
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
Ironing
Workout
Clean pool (never ending job)

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
Sin is more than bad behavior.  It's a condition that results in bad behavior.  That's why we can't independently defeat sin. - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp



6 comments:

Leah @ Little House of Sonshine said...

Thanks for hosting, Sandra! I love the new fall HHM graphic. Your meal plan looks amazing :) Have a good Labor Day!

A Runners Mom & More said...

Happy September !! Hope your back gets feeling better....

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Fijne september Sandra. Bedankt voor de Link Party.

Luludou said...

Yay for routines with the comeback of the 'BER' months

Jean said...

Happy September! I'm sorry you are still dealing with the crazy heat, those temperatures just look wrong for the beginning of September. Hope your back feels better and you have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So glad you'll get a break now Sweetie! I'm praying FAll shows up soon and those temps come down!!