Monday, September 11, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/11/2023 }

 
 
Good morning!!!!
 
Welcome back to my blog and to another Happy Homemaker Monday.  We woke up to rain, blessed rain coming down.  We haven't seen rain in months, so seeing the lightning and hearing the thunder at 3am, was a wonderful surprise.
 
First, I want to take a moment to remember September 11.  I don't think anyone, anywhere in the world, can forget this horrible day.  My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the lost ones, and with our country as we once again remember, such a destructive and horrifying day in our history.  
 
Before I get going with our post, I am so happy to be able to say that I think, I can finally get back to posting more , instead of just this feature every Monday.  I've been taking a few pics this past week, and trying to get back into the groove.  It's exciting, and hopefully tomorrow, you will have a little catch up post with what we've been doing around here.  
 
Hope you all have a blessed week. 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
After months of heat advisories, terrible hot weather and not a single drop of rain in sight, we are finally down to cooler temperatures.  This week is all about rain, and I couldn't be happier. 
 
Monday -  Rain showers, 83
Tuesday - Cloudy, 78
Wednesday - Cloudy, 79
Thursday - Rain, 76
Friday - Scattered thunderstorms, 78
Saturday - Thunderstorms, 83
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 86


♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
Rain, cloudy, and for me, the perfect Fall day.                 
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting on my bed, I just finished my coffee and am kind of wanting another, but will wait until I have breakfast.  I'm watching the live Portuguese news on SIC, and working on this post.      
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
Have a few situations going on around us, and though they are both serious, we are leaving everything in God's hands and letting Him take over.  They're situations affecting other family members, so I won't talk about them, but am praying for them.   


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
SIC Portuguese live tv.  

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm PMS'ing at the moment, so already having hormonal headaches, light headedness and just overall yucky feeling.  Such is the life of a woman right?            
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I've had one cup of coffee, but will have another soon.  I'm in the mood for a bread roll with scrambled egg and cheese, so will probably have that.                 
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
I made Gozleme for dinner last night, and there are 2 pieces left, so I may have that.  If that is eaten by someone else, then I'll probably have a salad.          
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Goulash, Garlic Bread and Salad
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Still in my nightgown.  Will either put on a dress later, or some shorts and a tank top.                      

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Will be starting my Bible again today.  I've missed it and need to get back on track.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
In the morning, Portuguese TV.  
 
 
I've been eagerly awaiting for the Series Premiere of Bambaska Biri.  It stars two of my favorite Turkish actors, Burak Deniz and Hande Ercel.  I first watched them together in Ask Laftan Anlamaz and loved them, so when I found out they would once again be playing the lead romantic couple in this new series, I was beyond excited.  Can't wait!!!
 
Also watching Seref Sozu.  
  

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Will start working on the new meal plan, so only have the menu planned until Thursday.

Monday - Goulash, Garlic Bread and Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Sandwiches, Pasta Salad
Wednesday -  Kabsa Chicken and Rice, Steamed Broccoli   
Thursday - Sheet Pan Tacos
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
It is dark.  I love it.  I absolutely love this time of the year, the trees are starting to turn, everything is slowing down and the light turns into golden hues that spread throughout the house.                         
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
Meal plan and grocery list
Vacuum and dust
Workout

 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts, prayers  ♥♥ 
My mom Jacinta - She has now been bedridden for over a year.  She is still struggling with a bed sore that gets better, then reopens.  Her dementia is continuing to develop, she is extremely confused and doesn't have many lucid moments.  It's extremely sad to see, and I know some of you will have experienced this with family members.  Please pray for my mom.  
 
Cousin Justin - pray for his situation.  I won't talk about it here, but just pray for him.
 
Curt's stepfather Ken - he is having some very serious health issues.


5 comments:

Stacy said...

Ohhh friend your weather looks amazing! I totally agree that I'm so ready for the cool temperatures too, but you have had extreme heat for weeks now I'm so happy to see your weather cool down! And what better than some rainy days to get you back in the groove! I'm happy for you :) I will be praying and I admires your faith to put things in Gods hands, I need to learn to do that more often. thank you so much for hosting, this blog hop has been a good center for me during some tough times, and I'm thankful! Have a beautiful week friend!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sending you hugs and prayers for all the family situations going on. I know your faith will pull you through though even knowing things are in God's hands sometimes tests us in unimaginable ways. Enjoy those cooler temperatures and the glorious rain you've needed so bad. Have a GREAT week my friend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! Yay for blessed rain and prayers answered!! ;) I hope the weather continues to get better and better. And it will be wonderful to see you have more time to post - especially heading into the most fun time of year. Prayers for your Mom (& all of your family intentions). I know the pain of watching a loved one fade in that way. It's so very difficult. The Lord was my saving grace through it all. Biggest hugs to you too. 🤗 🙏

Jean said...

I'm so glad you are getting that much needed rain and those cooler temperatures. Happy that you're also going to have more time to post. Prayers for your family, Hope you have a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

Enjoy your rain and cooler temperatures. thinking of you and your family ((hugs)). Have a good week