Monday, May 27, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/27/2024

 

 
Good morning and a very happy Memorial Day to you all. 
 
I hope you've been enjoying your long weekend.  We had a barbecue with family yesterday, which was wonderful.  Today we are just planning on resting and preparing for the week ahead.
 
Curt took off most of last week for his birthday, and we spent it working on our back patio and back yard.  We have all these plans, but we move according to God's timing and will, as well as our finances.  It's great to plan but you need to have the money to invest, so we cling onto our dreams and plans, and fulfill them albeit in a slower pace, but they come true nonetheless.
 
I do have to step out to Petsmart this morning for turtle food, we ran out last night and I didn't even realize we didn't have another on hand.  So, my plans of relaxing for the day will have to wait just a little while I run these morning errands.
 
Tomorrow I have my yearly mammogram, which is always so nerve wrecking, but I'm praying on it, mainly praying for God to calm my heart, to take away the worry, the fear, the anxiety.  We all know that fear does not come from God, and so our job is to rebuke it, right?  
 
Anyway, let's get right on with our post and then move on with our day.  I hope you all have a blessed week, my friends.  Thank you for always coming by and letting me know you're still reading my blog.  I appreciate it more than you know ♥
 
Sandra


 
*** The Weather *** 
Hot and humid.  The perfect combination for frizzy hair.  That should tell you all you need to know.  Haha   We have some more rain on the way this week, as well as hot weather.   
 
Monday - Sunny, 96
Tuesday - Thunderstorms, 82
Wednesday - Thunderstorms, 84
Thursday - Thunderstorms, 82
Friday- Thunderstorms, 81
Saturday - Thunderstorms, 85
Sunday - Sunny, 98
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
I WAS sitting on the back patio working on this post, but there is an insufferable fly that won't leave me alone, and I retreated back inside.  It's fly season, so annoying.  Sometimes I wonder why God created flies lol 
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Just mentally preparing for the mammogram.  I wish it didn't bother me at all, and I could just walk in there, do it, wait for the results and not think about it at all.  Honestly, that is what I pray for the most, to be able to go with the flow, to trust in God's words and plans, and not let it affect me.  Work in progress, for sure.        
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm feeling pretty good.  Still going strong on the health journey, and Curt has joined me as well and has also lost 30 pounds.  He just turned 51, and I'm turning 50 and I truly believe, if you haven't until now started taking care of your health, this is the age to really focus on it.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Coffee with 2% milk and a bowl of Weetabix.
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Salad of some kind.      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita. 
 
 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 

Monday
Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
Tuesday 
Sumac Roast Chicken, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli  
Wednesday 
Lazy Afghan Pasta, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday
Oven Fish Fillets, Zucchini Squash in tomato sauce
Friday
Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken, Beans, Mashed Potatoes
Saturday
Beef Kafta Kabob on the grill, Sweet Potato Fries, Chickpea salad
Sunday
Parmesan Chicken, Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad


*** What I am wearing *** 
Black midi summer dress and black sandals.

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Revelations. 
 
 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Ruzgarli Tepe, Gelin, Kara Agac Destani, Elimi Birakma
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar
Paramount - Star Trek Discovery
ShardLake

 
*** Looking around the house *** 
The back door is open with the screen closed, to let in some fresh air.  It's sunny, the birds are chirping and there is a slowness and quiet atmosphere to the house.  It's clean, it's tidy, and I really don't have to do anything, other than normal kitchen dishes and so on.   
 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Petsmart and Home Goods this morning
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time
Workout
Water patio veggies and plants

 
*** From the camera *** 
Morning devotionals and Bible reading.  



*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
The apostle Peter warned us: “Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” He tempts us in various ways and uses discouragement in suffering and persecution to try to draw us away from our faith in Jesus.
 
This is exactly what I was referring to at the beginning of the post.  Fear, worry, anxiety, suffering, it is all done by the enemy to draw us away from God.  When we focus on what is happening around us or a specific situation, we get so consumed with it, that we pull away from God.  We don't have time or the mindset to think about our faith, to think about reading the Bible or drawing closer to Him.   

This is what we fight through every single day, as Christians it is our daily struggle.  It's also when we need to pray harder and press in deeper.


9 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Good morning. Happy Memorial Day. I HATEfly season in Texas! I hope the weather gets better as June approaches - you've had such a miserable May in that area. I hope you have a WONDERFUL week. BTW there is no linky this morning. https://chasingmylife.com/2024/05/27/happy-homemaker-menus-week-22-of-2024-blog-366/

Schotzy said...

No linky...

Adriaantje said...

Nice news again...well the thunderstorms and the mammography.
I also find the latter exciting... 🤔plus also waiting for the results.
Have a nice week

A Runners Mom & More said...

Link or not hope you have an Amazing week!

https://arunnersmomandmore.blogspot.com/2024/05/happy-homemaker-monday-5-27-24-happy.html

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

My post link https://athomewithlisajung.blogspot.com/2024/05/at-home-with-lisa_27.html

Luludou said...

((hugs)) for your mammography
That pita sure looks very, very good.
Have a great week

Katerinas Blog said...

Happy Memorial Day.
Your breast looks great.
Everything will be fine with the mammogram!
Have a beautiful new week!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sweetie!
PRayers for all to be well with the mammo. 🙏🏻💕
Glad you had a lovely weekend. I worry about you down there when I see all these Texas storms on the news! 🙈
Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Debbie said...

We are in S.E. Texas and enjoying the flies, gnats and daily odd thunderstorms too (being sarcastic). This month has been the wettest, strangest weather! Congratulations to you and your husband on getting healthier. I would love to hear more about how you got there. It's definitely a struggle in your 50's (I'm 58).

I hope all goes well with your check up. Well-women check ups are the worst.

Have a great week!