September 14, 2006, the very first time I posted a Slow Cooking Thursday. I had this idea flying around in my head, I was very big into slow cooking at the time, it was something new I guess, and everyone and their mother had a crockpot.
I was always on the hunt for slow cooking recipes, and I had a blog that I had just started a few months before (in February), and thought, this was a good idea. A place to post a recipe but also gather a ton from others.
So the very first Slow Cooking Thursday was launched.
I shared a recipe for Chuck Wagon Chili, didn't even have a picture of it but just went for it. Nine ladies joined in and the comments were numerous with everyone super excited.
It did well for a couple of years and then I fell off the wagon. I tried changing it to Cooking Thursday just to open it up to all sorts of recipes and bring more participants in, but it kind of fizzled out and frankly I lost interest myself.
But as I was looking at my blog the other day, I realized I have so many recipes posted in the Slow Cooking Thursday and so many shared by so many of you, that I thought I would come in and re-share them in case you missed them back then.
Now, obviously I'm not going to share each recipe here one by one, we would be sitting here for years. I am just going to give you the link to the list and you can browse through the posts.
The issues is that a lot of the blogs that used to participate or shared recipes are now gone. Some have gone private, some have been deactivated, some completely deleted. It makes me sad, feels like a part of my past has been erased, but it's life, it's been 20 years and people move on, things happen, life changes.
Anyway, go on an take a look through those posts, but here are some of my favorite recipes:
In closing, I will leave you a post that I made, that I actually forgot I did and just realized it while typing this one up, where I list almost all the recipes shared, with links. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Don't you just love it when you have a great idea and it takes off like wild fire.
Post a Comment