Tuesday, August 18, 2026

{ Tuesday - a day of crocheting and reading }

IMG_1192

I like to take a day a week, where I set aside the usual day to day hum drums, and concentrate on the hobbies that I love.  Today, it was reading and crocheting.
 
My morning started very early, and with a cup of coffee in hand, I settled in bed with my current read.  There is something about early morning reading, while the world is still asleep, and the only noise in the background is that of birds chirping outside. 

IMG_1190

IMG_1191

After reading for about an hour, I moved to the living room and worked on my crochet blanket.  The dreaded blanket that has had me stumped, has had me frogging and ripping and remaking the same row after row.
 
I wanted to give it up, set it aside and forget about it, and I even debated just leaving it as is, a small round lap blanket, but I was determined that I wouldn't let a crochet project defeat me.
 
After much frustration I got past the lace part of the project and finally moved onto the next.  I would love to tell you that the next few rows were so simple and it flowed right on, but alas, I guess I have a love hate with this blanket, because I ended up having to pull apart another 2 rows and make them again.  This blanket and I are at a love hate point, it's a fight for control, and we have yet to see who the winner will be. 

IMG_1196

IMG_1200

After ripping two rows, I had to take a step back, and some early morning air is the best thing for clearing the head.  

IMG_1202

So let me show you this brat of a blanket.  The Universe in Bloom by Dedri Huys at Look At What I Made.  I absolutely adore all her projects but boy does Dedri push me as a crocheter.  I guess I actually admire that in her, because I don't ever want to stall or become stagnant when it comes to crocheting.  
 
I want to learn new stitches and new ways of crocheting and she definitely brings that forth for us. 

IMG_1205

She is beautiful and I'm quite enjoying the new color palette I have going.  Not my usual colors at all, as you may know if you've followed me for a while.  However, I wanted to try something new and step out a little.

IMG_1206

And below the dratted lace part of the pattern that had me losing my mind.  It's not that it's difficult, but I just didn't realize that one misplaced stitch or miscounted stitch would cause so many issues.  I tried so hard to stay on track, but my brain was just not wanting to cooperate.

IMG_1207

What matters is that after a month apart, we came together and worked it out.  So far, at least for now, we will see how the rest goes.  I am now at the stage where I'll be making some flowers, wish me luck.
 

 

No comments: