Thursday, December 07, 2006

Slow Cooking Thursday!

Morning Ladies, I'm just doing a quick drive by post, I've been in bed since Tuesday night with Food Poisoning and needless to say that I feel awful, it's actually really hard to walk around because my body is killing me. I didn't want to leave you without the Slow Cooking Recipes because I so enjoy collecting all the ones you share, so here you go.....

There won't be anymore posts from me this week, hopefully on saturday if I'm feeling better. Have a great week everyone :)




Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchance. It's such a great way to share your favorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.
What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)

The recipe I picked for today is one of my family favorites, hope you enjoy it too :)

Crockpot Stuffed Chicken Rolls




6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
6 slices cooked ham
6 slices swiss cheese
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth

Preparation

1. Flatten chicken.
2. Put ham and cheese on each slice.
3. Roll up and secure with toothpick.
4. Combine,flour,parm cheese, sage, paprika,salt and pepper.
5. Coat chicken, chill for 1 hour.
6. Heat oil and brown chicken rolls.
7. Put in crockpot.
8. Mix soup and broth, pour over chicken.
9. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

It is SO good, and you can also do it on the stove top too, takes about 25 minutes that way.....but both ways keep the chicken nice and moist which is just delicious. Enjoy!!!



20 comments:

Christina said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I've had food poisioning before and it really is awful. I hope you are almost over it and I will pray you recover fast.

Recipe looks yummy.

Eagles Wings said...

Wow, sorry to hear about the food poisoning..praying you will feel better soon!

Yum-o that sounds really good - my hubby will love this one.
Thanks for posting even though you weren't feeling to well :-)
Blessings

Courtney said...

I hope you feel better soon Sandra! I am going to try this recipe. It sounds so yummy!!!

someone else said...

Please get better really soon! We'll miss you!

This recipe sounds yummy -- I think I'll have to try it. I can't believe you can even think about food while suffering with food poisoning! You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra, if only I lived over the road and then I help you out, food poisoning and tummy bugs are just the worst. You're in my prayers. Hugs.

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh my gosh, Sandra! I can so empathize with you. I had food poisoning last month and it was HORRIBLE! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thanks for making the effort to post a Slow Cooker Thursday recipe.

I’ve posted a Slow Cooking Thursday Black Bean Chili recipe. :)

Jen said...

I hope you feel better soon. SO sorry I have had food poisoning and its no peice of cake.

Michelle said...

I was wondering where your slow cooker post was as I had mine up since this morning ... I guess having food poisoning is reason enough! How considerate of you to even bother getting out of bed to post a slow cooker recipe (which sounds yummy by the way!) I sure hope you can rest and recover this week and are feeling much better! So sorry you came down with this!

Carrie said...

Ooh! Sorry you're feeling so yucky! Hope you get feeling better soon!

I wanted to mention how much I love your Christmasy blog! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

*HUGS*

Eden said...

Oh, Sandra! I'm so sorry you have food poisoning - I hope you feel better soon. I'm praying for you.

Your chicken recipe sounds scruptuous! I meant to participate today, but I'm incredibly overwhelmed today.

Hugs and prayers,
Eden

Barb said...

I don't have a recipe this week, Sandra - I'm about to hit post overload. But I'm sure glad I stopped by to check out your recipe, which, by the way, sounds absolutely wonderful, as usual.

I had no idea you were so sick. What an awful time to get food poisoning. I hope you bounce back from this really soon. I know you're frustrated, not to mention miserable. Wish I lived close enough to come over and help you out. I'm going to pray for you tonight. I can't stand the thought of you having food poisoning.

Take care of yourself.

Kelli said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Sandra. I will keep you in my prayers!
Kelli

Karyzma said...

Oh, feel better soon Sandra! Thanks for the recipe...it sounds amazing. I will definitely try it out as soon as we are in our house and I get all our kitchen supplies unpacked. :o) Love U Girl!
~Kathy~

PastormacsAnn said...

Ugh, food poisoning? That's rough. Hope you're feeling better really really soon.

This recipe looks delicious!

Scribbit said...

I love these recipes, our Sunday schedule has changed to where we don't get home from church until nearly 6:30, and slow cookers have become my life line. All suggestions are welcomed with open arms.

Donnetta said...

Ick... hope you are feeling better soon!

Eden said...

Are you feeling better, Sandra? I certainly hope so. We're praying for you.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Good grief! I so hope youre feeling better - I've never had FP but have heard it's brutal. Your crockpot recipes are lifesavers, esp this time of year.

Eden said...

Just stopping by to let you know that we're praying for you. Hope your feeling better today.

Hugs

Michelle said...

This receipe sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it!

Hope you feel better