Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm cranky today!!!!

Want to hear something funny??? I woke up freezing, yes, FREEZING, is that not the weirdest thing ever???

I don't feel very well, my allergies are flaring up and I think I have a bit of a cold coming on, see the thing is it's really hot outside but inside we have the air conditioning on and it's a good one because usually within a few minutes it's just freezing in this house. I think the whole temperature change is messing me up.....on top of that, yesterday I finished Nicholas's room which entailed opening and unpacking 6 heavy boxes....I'm happy it's done BUT I hurt my wrist and have had this throbbing pain since last night.

If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that I have 2 cysts on my left wrist, they weren't really big and painful at first but they've progressively gotten worse and it's at the point where I need to have them removed, only problem is that I won't be able to do anything for 2 weeks and then will have a cast on this wrist for another 6 weeks or so.....that wasn't possible before, something was always coming up to keep me from going through with it, but I'm afraid I've backed myself into a corner now, it's too painful not to do anything about.

So anyway, I'm not in the best of moods this morning but I'm doing ok. My house is clean and yes I have pictures of how it's looking so far. This is the kitchen, I don't have my curtains up yet hopefully later today or tomorrow. As you can see our window faces the driveway so you don't get a very pretty view but it lets in the sun during the day and I love it.



This is the living room and computer area...the one thing about these base houses is that they don't really have extra room to have an office, so it's always living room/office area together, but I think as long as we keep things neat and tidy it won't look that bad.



These are the bedrooms, I still need to get a few rugs for the master bedroom and Jasmine's room, but for the most part they're done. You can see in the kids rooms, the storage and shelving units we decided upon.



It's a small cozy house but we really like it. Besides, it's a one level which as you know is something that I wanted, I just don't like the stairs thing when I have little ones around.

I got up early with Curt this morning, he's starting back at work today so he was eager to get going, though not too excited about the big inspection they were having. It meant wearing his Blues and then changing into his uniform afterwards......military are very strict with things like that so he had to be sure his hair was cut right, he had his blues hat and tie and all that other fun stuff and shiny shoes and boots etc.

With him back at work and Jasmine starting school in a few weeks, things are starting to get back to normal and I'm beginning to wonder what I'll do with my time when it's just me and the little one at home. I'm looking forward to crafting again and sewing and I'm sure I can find something to do with all these wonderful shopping areas around.

If you're interested in my menu for this week, you can go check it out at my food blog "Full Bellies, Happy Kids". I love cooking and I love when people try my recipes and come back with great reviews for them, especially when it's family. I was talking to my older brother Paul on friday and he told me that Lilian (my sister in law) had made my lasagna and he thought it was really good.....brought a big smile to my face, somehow makes me happy and it makes me feel closer to home too.

Anyway, enough babbling about that, go on and check out my Menu Plan for this coming week, you may also be interested in some new recipes too, I posted one for Garlic Beer Shrimp, Caldeirada (Fish Stew) and Tres Leches Cake. I'll have some more up soon.

I've also updated my sidebar to include the books I'm currently reading and the next ones on my list. I would have put them all but I don't think you would want to get stuck reading my list for the next 5 or 6 years. You have NO idea how many books are still on my TBR (to be read) pile which doesn't seem to stop me from picking up new ones or checking more out at the library. What can I say??? I have a book obsession!!!

I've just taken some claritin for my allergies and I'm feeling a little tired so I'm going to sit down and relax for a bit. I've already got dinner going in the crockpot, Lazy Day Braised Pot Roast from my new Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook that I picked up last week. Smells wonderful.


Enjoy the rest of your monday, I'll be back tomorrow!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe how much decorating and unpacking you've done already - you move fast :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the curtains and storage supply shelves in the girls' room! My Emme would LOVE that!

Your house looks like a home! I am glad that you like it.

Sherry

Mari said...

I'm impressed. Your house looks like a home already. I like it!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Your house looks fantastic! Women like you amaze me. I hope you are feeling back to normal really soon.

-Andrea

smilnsigh said...

Awww Hon, I'm so sorry about the allergies/cold. {Husband had them baddddddd and I've developed some, with age. Wheee hu?} Understand about A/C too. When it's humid, I can't breath without it. But it also bugs me. Yish, women. Can't please 'em! -grin-

New look here in your blog, pretty. New Icon pic, cute.

I've not known you long enough to know about the wrist, before. Hope you do get it taken care of this time. Yes, please do!

I so envy you a one story house! -sigh- Back "at the beginning of time," we built this 2 story and raised our family in it. Needless to say, it's too big for us now! But it's not 'in the cards' for us to move. So I sort of make believe that our house only consists of the rooms we now live in. Voila! I have my make-believe-cottage!

One more thing... a *complaint*! Fun as it is to see pics of your house.... I'd reallllly have liked it if you had a pic of Curt, all totally and majestically spiffed out, going to inspection! Oh yes!!! -grin-

But really only kidding here. I'd never push anyone to put family pics up on the Net. Since I myself don't make a habit of it. Plus, he's mil. A whole different life.

Please don't tarry in making an appointment, in preparation to having that wrist taken care of...

Hugs, Mari-Nanci

Terri said...

I understand your book obsession. I have the same problem when I go to the library. I have about 4 books out already but then I start looking and I end up checking out more. I just don't want to miss out on something good to read.

Barb said...

What a nice cozy home, Sandra. It looks like you're getting all settled in and comfortable.

I'm sorry about your wrist. Hope you can get it taken care of soon.

Jill said...

Everything looks just great, Sandra! Hope you're feeling better today.

Laura said...

Wow you've gotten a lot done. Time to take a rest!!!

Quiskaeya said...

Your home looks wonderful! If only I could keep mine that tidy! I'm sorry to hear about your allergies. I know all to well what you are going through. I refuse to take the shots. That crock pot dish looks right up my alley. Maybe I'll try it this week.

Lulu said...

the house looks really nice..
your recipes always sound so good..

Susanne said...

Your house is really starting to look like home now. I smiled to myself to see things cooking on the stove. We don't have an office either, our computer desk is in the living room too.