Thursday, July 12, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!!!


Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your avorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.

What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)

I'm back and I'm so happy to be hosting this feature again, you have no idea how much I
missed it last week, so to make up for it, I'm giving you 3 recipes.


HOT CRAB DIP

Image credit: Kraft Foods


INGREDIENTS:


* 1/4 cup melted butter
* 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar Cheese

* a few dashes of Tabasco sauce
* 1/3 cup dry white wine
* 2 cups crabmeat

PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours, until cheese is melted and dip is hot. Serve with crackers, bread cubes, or chips.


*********************************************

CROCKPOT CHALUPAS

Image credit: Online

INGREDIENTS:

* 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed

* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon oregano
* 1 can green chile peppers, chopped
* 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

* 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained

* Topping:
* Grated cheese
* Chopped onions
* Tomatoes
* Lettuce

* Sour cream
* Coarsely crushed tortilla chips

PREPARATION:

Place first 7 ingredients in slow cooker, along with 1/2 cup water. Cook 8 to 10 hours. Add beans 1 hour before done. Top with desired toppings and serve with warm tortillas

****************************************************

Hot Fudge Sundae Cake

Image credit: Handels Ice Cream


1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 T. baking cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 T vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups hot water

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 T cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Add nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.

Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.

Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2 -2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Turn off slow cooker and let cake stand uncovered for 30-40 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Spoon cake into dessert dishes and spoon sauce over top. Can be served with ice cream or whipped cream also.



16 comments:

Amy said...

I haven't participated in a while because Thursday is one of the two days I work... but today, I'm home for the morning. So, I'm looking forward to more crockpot recipes!

Sandra said...

Amy, I'm so glad you joined in, I can't wait to see the recipe you posted :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Chalupa recipe iin particular... Thanks for sharing.


MJ

Anonymous said...

Great recipes, Sandra. I see you're using your crockpot lots this week. Wow, I'm impressed your cooking, being awash in boxes. You must have not packed that crock pot. Smart thinking :) Have a wonderful week and thanks for another great week of hosting wonderful CP recipes.

Michelle said...

As always your recipes are delicious sounding!Thanks for doing this every week (except when you were knee deep in sibling love and moving!;-)Have a great week..

Mrs.T said...

Sandra,

So happy to see you back! I've missed you!

Those Chalupas sound wonderful...

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you all enjoy the recipes.

And yes, I actually brought my crockpot with me because in the middle of all these boxes and unpacking, I can just pop in dinner and let it simmer all day LOL

Amy said...

Hi, I'm back, LOL. Just wanted to tell you that I edited my Spaghetti Sauce recipe with a note about cooking the noodles right in the pot... thought you might like to know since you were thinking about trying the recipe. :)

Annie said...

Chalupas & ice cream!!! You're killing me Sandra :o)
Thanks for hosting, glad you're back!
♥ Annie

Renee said...

What a great bunch of recipes! I'll be trying them out soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am so glad to see you back on line. Hope your unpacking goes smoothly!

Michelle said...

I have got to make those chalupas!

Eden said...

I'm officially hungry now. It's already 10:39am here and I've been up since 5am and haven't eaten yet. After seeing those yummy recipes, my stomach has started growling!
I love your recipes! Thanx for sharing. I'll get back to participating next week.

Hugs,
Eden

Anonymous said...

These look so good!! Your menu on the sidebar looks amazing too. I can't let my kids see or they will get jealous of all the good stuff you serve. I have been using my slow cooker a lot to help keep the kitchen cool, but I don't have any good recipes I use... For yesterday I just cooked beans, ground beef, and taco seasoning for tacos, and tonight, just a roast with salt and pepper and onions. I need to start trying some of these great recipes!!

How do you make your pasta salad that you are serving with the burgers, by the way? That is another summer favorite of ours, and I am getting tired of the same boxed mix I keep using!! Thanks!!

Ladybug said...

YUM! I will be trying all three of these!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really need to get back into the swing of this! Love the idea for the challupas by the way!

The Freezer Chicks said...

sandra..love the crab dip! wanted to let you know our freezer co-op has started a blog you might enjoy:
http://freezerchicks.blogspot.com/