Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reconnecting - Part 7

So we're back from the coast, we have shells and wonderful memories to remind us of the good times we spent AND we have the anticipation of going to the Kruger National Park building up.

The weekend before we set out on the road again, we all went to Mimmo's Restaurant for dinner......all of us, that is the brothers and sister and our little ones


Curtis, Bruno and Nadine

All the kids together....from left to right: Nicholas, Tiffany, Jasmine, Taryn-Lee, Alyssa, Dylan and Colby


Hayley, Me and Lilian

We had a great time at dinner, it was nice sitting around with all my brothers and just talking about where our lives were now....it's weird when you sit around as grown ups and you can still remember all the naughty things you did before husbands and wives and children were in our lives LOL


The very next morning we headed to my dad's coffee shop for breakfast....we met up with my Uncle Tony. That's Curt and Uncle Tony in deep conversation...not sure what they were talking about *snicker*


Awwww my grandma Odete and my kids

I just LOVE this one, it's so sweet and my grandma holds a very special place in my heart. She was there with me through a LOT of my teenage craziness and during the beginning of mine and Curt's relationship.


After breakfast we headed to my sister in law Nadine's Dance School...she's a dance teacher and my nieces all go to her for lessons. In this photo you can see on the bottom left, Alyssa (Nadine and Bruno's daughter) and in the grey outfit that is Tiffany!

Now while at the studio I got to see one of my favorite people, my sister in law Hayley's little sister Roxanne. Let me tell you when I left Roxy was this bubbly 12 year old and now I return to this amazing gorgeous woman who had JUST had a baby. I couldn't believe it, but look at this adorable little angel.

Roxy, me and Hayley

Roxy and Hayley with the little one


Jasmine couldn't keep her hands off the baby, she just wanted to hold her and hug her all the time. :)

By the time we left at the end of the day, this was the last thing I saw....makes me want another of my own. Of course that would mean that Curt would have to want it too and it's NOT happening there LOL

Tomorrow we're heading to the Kruger National Park, get ready because you're about to immerse yourself in a world of wild animals, walking and going about their lives RIGHT outside your car door, there's no fence, there's no protection between you and them. Unless you're in the camps!

So come with me tomorrow, pack your cyber bags and let me take you to Berg-en-Dal for the week, I can promise that you will never forget it.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I just love the picture of you and your grandma. Precious....you should frame it.

someone else said...

The baby is sooooo precious! The picture of Jasmine holding her is frame-worthy.

Mari said...

I can see that although your family hasn't been able to be together physically for some time, you have all stayed connected. I just love the picture of you and your grandma.

Barbara said...

You have had an amazingly busy spring/summer! Loving all the pics!

Cheri said...

That is such a sweet picture of you and your Grandma.
I can feel your love for her through your words.

Michelle said...

What a lovely picture of you and grandma..Love the pictures also of the cousins...

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

all these pictures say it all!! You had a blessed time and no doubt full of sweet memories to last forever! I love all those pictures and Yes, you and your grandma and your daughter holding the baby should be framed.

Love,
Jeannene