Thursday, November 12, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday!

slowcooking

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.


Credit: Beauty that Moves


Santa Fe Beef and Beans


1 boneless beef roast, cubed/diced small. We use venison
2 cups salsa
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (I cook big batches of beans and keep them in the freezer for easy use)
1 1/2 - 2 cups corn (from the freezer)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced fine
2 Tablespoons sucanat or maple syrup
1 Tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, according to taste
shredded cheese for the table, cheddar or Mexican blend
a pot of cooked rice to serve it over


Place all ingredients into crock-pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over brown rice and top with shredded cheese. To make this vegetarian, just skip the meat and double the beans! If I get home very close to dinner time, I put on a pot of white basmati rice for the quick cooking time, if I have enough time I make brown rice. I've also served this over egg noodles.


6 comments:

Angela's Kitchen said...

It's been forever since I have been able to join in. It's nice to be back! This sounds so good. Thank you for sharing!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Since the temps are falling here, this looks so yummy and warm. Like comfort food. Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Susanne said...

Oh this sounds sooo good. I'll definitely be trying this!

Mari said...

This sounds so good!!!

Jen said...

That sounds really good. I can't wait to try it.

Lulu said...

looks delich