Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cooking Thursday!


For the guidelines, you can go here.

********************************************
I love having yummy snacks ready for my children when they get home from school, and yesterday I made these wonderful little Butterscotch Bites, they're tiny but packed full of flavor.

I want to see you have only one and walk away....bet you can't. *snicker*


Butterscotch Bites
BUTTERSCOTCH BITES


6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
2 tubes (8 ounces each) crescent rolls (I like the recipe version)
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
4-1/2 teaspoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


1. In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, then stir in the butterscotch chips.

2. Open up each tube of crescent dough, then cut each tube into 4 rectangles. Spread with butter mixture. Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.

3. Cut each into six 1-in. slices; place cut side down into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. I just used a cookie sheet, so mine are flatter rather than looking more like little cinnamon rolls.
Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.

4. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 4 dozen.

Butterscotch Bites


9 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Sandra, these look soooo good!

Jen said...

We are in for another blast of winter here. These will be perfect for tomorrow morning! I saw these on your food blog yesterday and have been dreeeeamming of these...NO really I had a dream about them. LOL! I know i need help....smiling!

Have a great day!

Jen said...

We are in for another blast of winter here. These will be perfect for tomorrow morning! I saw these on your food blog yesterday and have been dreeeeamming of these...NO really I had a dream about them. LOL! I know i need help....smiling!

Have a great day!

Melissa said...

Those look really good!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Oh when I saw the picture, I heard voices calling out to me to make them, wait....those are my kids! Whew at least I am not going crazy! Have to try these! They look heavenly! How long do they last in your home?

Be sure you stop by today for a last minute opportunity to participate in two giveaways for tomorrow.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Heather said...

Those look dangerously good! I have been terrible about blogging lately, I think it's the dreaded Winter Blahs.

Hope you're having some sunshine!

Heather

Mari said...

Oh yum! They look so good!

Blessed Beyond said...

OH My! These sounds and look so very good!!!!!!! I will have to try them! Thanks for sharing and hosting!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hi Sandra, I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of things and out catching up with my blog buddies. Love the new look over here.

We're in for a BIG storm here tonight so I think I'll make up some of these to go with a snuggly night in!