Wednesday, March 24, 2010

{ Signs of Spring }


It's been a really quiet day around here, I got all my housework done yesterday and other than the usual daily clean ups, I have taken the day off, to just relax and do absolutely nothing.

I feel lazy!

Yes, I do, I don't know what it is about me but if I'm not busy doing something then I get this overwhelming guilty feeling, like my husband and children will look at me and think "Man, she's lazy". Ridiculous! They love me irregardless and are usually the ones telling me to sit down, to forget about mopping this very minute or ironing those clothes before bed.

It doesn't help that I have a bit of a headache today and feel a little congested, my allergies are flaring up, but nothing some peace and quiet and a Claritin won't cure.

So instead of the posts I had in mind for today, I am just going to leave you with some pictures, some signs of spring and a beautiful sunset. Then I'm off to pick up my babies at school and scrounge up some dinner.

By the way, over on Full Bellies, Happy Kids, I have a great mid week recipe that the kids will love. Cheeseburger Pie! Yum!


2010_03230008

The Landscaping people came around and chopped down all my honeysuckle, I was so distressed, but thankfully they are starting to grow back.
2010_03190005

There's something about close up nature pics that make me smile. Maybe it's because I can see every little detail in the trunk and every little line on the leaves, it just makes me realize what a wonderful God we truly have.
2010_03190008

Even weeds can be beautiful......
2010_03200014

2010_03190025

My lemon tree is thriving as always, right now it's filled with not only lemons but lemon blossoms and it fills my back yard with the most delicious scent. The bees think so too.
2010_03160036

Last night's sunset was stunning, as always.
2010_03200008

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Lovely photos...especially of your lemon tree...how delightful!

Hoping you're enjoying your "day off" and relaxing as you deserve to! BTW...I've made several of your recipes off of Full Bellies Happy Kids and each one has been a hit. I can't recall the EXACT names off the top of my head, but my family loves Aunt Virginia's Baked Spaghetti, the Cheese-stuffed Meatloaf, and those simple, but delicious butter cookies...fantastic to make in a pinch!

Wishing you well,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Rest in Gods grace my blog friend!
Did you get your mail yet?
Tanna

Anonymous said...

Oh the guilt! I feel that way too. It takes my husband reminding me that I also have days when I don't sit down from 8am-11pm to help dislodge the guilt when I grab twenty winks in the afternoon, or a few chapters of a novel. Enjoy it while you can!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sandra ~ I do hope you are feeling much better soon.

I bet the lemon flowers smell absolutely wonderful. Enjoy spring in all it's glory.

Be well, and no guilt feelings.

FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Sandra, It is a rainy day here and I am feeling very lazy myself. I feel much more energetic when the good old sunshine comes out.

Enjoy your piece and quiet. I know you deserve a day off now and then,

Debbi