Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/12/2014

Good morning and Happy Monday!

We had such a blessed and fun weekend, filled with family time.  It was wonderful.  Now it's back to the grind right?  Another work and school week awaits us, but thankfully school is ending very soon, matter of fact the two boys are done for the year, it's only the girls that have work still pending, but that is expected since they're in high school and the work load is crazy.

Alright, let's move on to our HHM.....oh and by the way, I am coming to see all your HHM's from last Monday, this morning.  I didn't get a chance last week but I want to read them before the new ones go up today.  I will check on those during the day too, so no worries. :)


As I look outside my window:::
Bright blue skies, not a cloud in sight and it looks like the wind has finally died down.  It's the one thing that I really don't like about this place, the constant wind drives me crazy.

Right now I am:::
Still in my pj's.  I'm wearing soft pink fleece pants with these cute grey and darker pink hearts on them.  Drinking my coffee and writing this post up.

Thinking and pondering:::
About our move and the houses we've already looked at.  We have a few others to go take a look.  I can't believe we'll be moving again in about 2 or 3 weeks, oh joy.

On my bedside table:::
My Bible
The White Princess by Phillipa Gregory
Heaven is for Real by Lynn and Todd Burpo

On my tv this week:::
Monday:
Dr. Phil - Acquitted by a jury, but my ex husband still thinks I'm guilty
Star Crossed (last one today, can't believe they cancelled it)
Tuesday:
Dr. Phil - Second Part (will accused mother go to rehab?)
The Little Couple
19 Kids and counting
Supernatural
Cosmos
Agents of Shield
Wednesday:
Dr. Phil - Not so sweet 16
Catch up day (clear the DVR)
Thursday:
Dr. Phil - An Ultimatum for a Hoarding Mother
Reign
Friday:
Dr. Phil - Love scams
Hangar 1:  The UFO Files
Ancient Aliens
Saturday:
Ghost Adventures
Sunday:
Long Island Medium
Granite Flats
Salem
Turn

Listening to:::
Local radio station playing Coldplay's "Magic" 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Chicken with Green Peppers and Rice
Tuesday - Cheesy Garlic Pizza Calzones
Wednesday - Pork Roast, Potatoes, Corn
Thursday - Fettucine Alfredo
Friday - Creamy Mustard Pork with Rice
Saturday - Delicia de Frango com natas no forno (Portuguese Chicken)
Sunday -  Not sure yet
 
On my to do list:::

Laundry, one load to iron, one load of towels, two loads of clothes
Clear out the storage shed out back, take all the Christmas decorations to the storage unit, pack a few more boxes
Homeschooling

Happening this week:::
Monday - Tae Kwon Do
Tuesday - Packing , moving things to storage
Wednesday - Tae Kwon Do
Thursday -  Vacuum and mop all floors, grocery shopping
Friday - Change bed linens, library run

What I am creating:::

Making progress on the corner to corner blanket. 
Finishing up a crochet bottle cover for my water bottle

My simple pleasure:::
Reading Homesteading blogs

Homemaking tips:::
Set aside a time each day, to walk around the house and put things away and where they belong.  It helps cut down on clutter or an end of the day pile that is so overwhelming to deal with.

Looking around the house:::
It needs some tidying up.  The kitchen has a few dishes in soapy water that I need to wash.  The dish rack is full of clean dishes to put away.  Living room needs some tidying up.  Husband is at his computer desk doing some school work and Nicholas is on the couch watching a Youtube video.

From the camera:::
For Mother's Day, we headed to the Old Idaho Penitentiary, it was such an amazing visit.  I'll share it all with you in a separate post later today.

_MG_3991

Prayer List:::
My sister in law Nadine, who just lost her father last week.  Her mother Auntie Olga, brother Justin and my brother Bruno who were all extremely close to Uncle Alan.
Friends and family needing prayers at the moment. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
Deuteronomy 30:16

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

10 comments:

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I should write a homesteading blog! We live on 20 acres, have a huge garden and orchard (about 30 trees), live off-grid, hmmm...what more do I need to be homesteading; maybe a few animals that aren't allowed in the house:)

Loved your TV list. My daughter enjoys watching Little People and 19 Kids and Counting! We don't have cable and they're not on Netflix so I watch when I visit her.

So enjoy Happy Homemaker Monday each week!

Have a great week and I hope you find the right house soon.

Liz said...

Oh I love reading Homesteading Blogs! They are so interesting!

Are you excited about your move coming up? I know it's stressful, but do try to find the joy in it and the new adventures of a new house.

Have a wonderful week. I look forward to your post about your fun mother's day as I've loved the pictures you posted on facebook.

Cary said...

Found you via Kathy Skinner's Blog... in love with your blog... going to join you in the SAHM journey! You make me see so much more to celebrate! As there can be some days that bring you a lil down!
Hugs!
Cary
XXXOOO

Unknown said...

I also love Homesteading Blogs. They are incredibly interesting. Blogs in general are so much fun, meeting others, learning about them, etc.

Also I LOVE Heaven Is For Real! I cannot wait to see the movie.

I hope you have a great week. Wonderful tip for the week also! I do that each day a few times a day, and it helps so much.

Kristy Jensen said...

I also love homesteading blogs. I don't really "homestead" myself. But, I love to read about others who do! Happy Mother's Day to you! Keep up the amazing work you do every day with those children. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your family's loss.

Judy Kay said...

I have missed seeing your posts and doing the Happy Homemaker Monday. Trying to get back into blogging and less into Facebook!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That old prison looks so interesting. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Good luck with you upcoming move. Have a nice week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I located your blog via another blog I follow. I'm enjoying it, thanks!

Miss Ruthie Aileen said...

Sorry I am posting a day late! I still read every week's post! Thank you for "keeping us in the loop with your life!"