Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday's Fave Five

I thought I would start joining in with my sweet friend Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  If you want to jump in as well, just go on over and add your name to Mr Linky :)


It's been a bit of a busy week for us and thankfully the temperatures have finally cooled down, we were even blessed with some much needed rain :)

So here's my favorite five for last week.



#1 - Rain, Rain and more Rain:::  When I say we need it, I mean we really need and it's not often that we're lucky enough to get some, so when we do, the kids and I usually drop homeschooling and run outside to enjoy it.

2011_10040081


#2 - Blooming Flower Cushion:::  Getting settled into a crochet rhythm again, and finishing off projects that make me smile :)

 

#3 - Pumpkin Spice Lattes made at home.  As much as I enjoy Starbucks, I don't enjoy dishing out the money for something I can easily prepare at home, so I've been indulging in quite a few :)

#4 - Cooling down::  Feeling the cooler temperatures and pulling out the sweat pants.   Lighting candles at night, snuggling on the couch with a crochet blankie and reading a good book.


#5 -  Canning:::   Oh yes, this time of year I find myself reaching for the mason jars (well more than usual) and canning as much as I can.  Today I'm making Apple Butter and it smells divine :)

2011_10030017

And there you have it, my faves for this week.  Hope you're all having a blessed week and a wonderful weekend.  Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends!

No comments: