Monday, June 09, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/09/2014

Happy Monday my friends.  I hope you've all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend.  Mine was very enjoyable and definitely calm and relaxing as we didn't move anything.  We needed the break and it felt good to sit back and do nothing.

This week though, we are kicking it into high gear as we get everything moved out and into the new house.  I'm ready for it, I'm honestly ready to be in the new one and to make it my own.

I apologize for my absence here on the blog, but as I'm sure you understand, it's been just crazy around here, and I think this coming week is going to be just the same.  Here's the thing though, I am taking a break from Facebook, not only for the move but you know I usually do this a few times a year, and I've decided that I don't really know how long I'll be gone from Facebook or when I'll return, if I even will.....my blog will take priority as it should, and all my updates will be done here.  Oh I am excited to get back to my normal blogging, hope you are too.



As I look outside my window:::
It's bright and sunny and currently 59 degrees, but we're supposed to reach a high of 90 today.  Should be nice and warm :) 

Right now I am:::
Typing up this post, drinking my coffee, and writing a to do list for this week. 

Thinking and pondering:::
On so many things....news stories that have touched me in one way or another, others that have angered me, the move to the new house, what I still need to get done, changes of address and utilities and all things like that. 

On my bedside table:::
My kindle and my bible. 

On my tv this week:::
Monday
Catch up on weekend shows
Tuesday
Little Couple
19 Kids and Counting
Little Women:  LA
Wednesday
The 100

Saturday
Ghost Adventures
Sunday
Salem
Turn
Return to Amish

Listening to:::
The local radio station on the my laptop, they are sharing funniest dad stories for Father's Day. 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
Tuesday - Stuffed Cubed Steak
Wednesday - Homemade Pepperoni Calzones
Thursday - Meat pie and Salad
Friday - Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
Saturday - Barbecue Chicken with Fries
Sunday - Roast Beef Sandwiches
 
On my to do list:::

Moving
City Hall to sign up for utilities

Happening this week:::
Moving, City Hall, Errands, Tae Kwon Do, Base

What I am creating:::

Lots more Mandalas, and I've also started another blanket.  This time it's a corner to corner granny stripe. 

Mandalas

Corner to Corner Granny

My simple pleasure:::
Crocheting, without a doubt.  It's one of my simplest and most loved pleasures.   

Homemaking tips:::
Slow down.  No really, slow down, everything will get done, but there is no need to rush through things.  Set up a routine, work on a to do list, and divide the chores up into your week days.  There is no need to get everything done in one way, if you divide it up throughout the week, you can get your chores done and add in some relaxing and fun time too. 

Looking around the house:::
It is echoing, and looking very empty.  There are a few things still around, but not much. 

From the camera:::
My niece's Recital was this weekend, it is always so much fun watching her perform. 

_MG_4563

Prayer List:::
This country.  I honestly feel like we need to pray and pray fervently for this administration and for the country in general. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
1 Timothy 6:11

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

12 comments:

Lifeonthewink said...

just found your blog and enjoyed it. wishing you blessings for the week--karen

Dawn Marie said...

I'm with you on the fact that our country needs prayers. It has me so frustrated. But I won't get started. Hope you have a good week and can finally settle into your new house soon.

Liz said...

I'm so excited for you to finish your moving so you can get everything done in your new home.
Your new blanket and your mandalas are amazing. You really have the best eye for color pairing.

Have a wonderful week.

Lulu said...

glad youre back...dont forget to take some time just for you..

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I am so glad you'll be blogging more. You are one of my favorite blogs to visit.

May you feel God's peace, joy and strength as you move this week. I look forward to many pictures about your new home.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love what your are creating. I'll try to join up next Monday again.

Melissa Hopper said...

I have always wanted to learn how to crochet. Maybe I should try to teach myself!

Sweet Tea said...

From *59 to *90, that's a BIG temperature swing. Hope the rest of your moving goes smoothly.

Debbie said...

Good luck with the move. Have fun puttering to make it your own. :)

Felicia said...

The recital looked like it was fun. Love their costumes.

I agree this country is in horrible shape from top to bottom. It leaves me scared for what my children and grandchildren will have to live with.

Slowing down is a great tip!

Karen said...

Can you give the pattern for the corner to corner blanket? I love the look of yours and would like to start one.

Anonymous said...

Loved your crochet. So pretty. Makes me want to pick it up again. And congrats on your move. Hope you're enjoying your new place.