Monday, January 05, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/05/2015

Good morning everyone.

*sigh*  I have been the absolute worst at updating my blog the past week, and I wish I had some good excuse for it, but I don't, other than the fact that I've been spending a lot of time with my children and husband.  I guess that's a good reason right?

I am so ready for the whole holiday season thing to come to an end, and for the most part it has for us, but there are still a few things lingering around that don't quite let me make that fresh start.

I have also been drawing a bit of a blank when it comes to blogging, so I figured it may be a good idea to go with my gut, spend the time with my family and see where it goes.  That is exactly what I did and I guess now I'm ready to return to more of a regular blogging schedule.  Enough of that though, let's get on with it.



The weather outside is::::
32 degrees at the moment and raining.  We've had snow the past few days, now it's rain.  I am ready to move onto Spring though, is that a bad thing??? 


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Cup of coffee with Butter Toffee Creamer, my new favorite.  Oh my word.  The base commissary was having a sale on their creamers, they're all 99c and my husband picked up a bunch.  He works for Nestle too so that's a good thing :) 

As I look outside my window:::
Cloudy, grey skies and rain droplets falling down.  It is melting the snow, which I'm good with because driving my car in that mess is not fun at all. 

Right now I am::::
In the living room, talking to my husband and typing up this post, as I wait for the repair guy to come and fix my dishwasher.  It stopped draining about 5 days ago, but unfortunately the repairman, who is an older gentlemen, fell in the snow and hurt his shoulder and couldn't make it out until this morning.  I miss my dishwasher, can't wait to have it up and running again.  I have been doing dishes by hand and though I don't mind, sometimes I miss being able to just pop them in the washer and go about my day. 

As I look around the house::::
All that is on are the fairy lights and some candles.  It looks quite cozy around here.  The house is clean, thank goodness, no major weekend tornadoes ripping through it....as is usual. 

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....TONS, and I mean TONS of it.  I don't understand how I got so behind but now I'm facing a ton and I don't want to do it at all.  Send help!!!!
Cleaning....In the kitchen....Have a load of dishes sitting in soapy water in the sink, am hoping that he fixes the washer so I can pop those in there.  If not, then I'll have to do those soon.
In the living room....Vacuum rug, mop the wood floors.  Open blinds.  
In the bedrooms....make the beds, open blinds, vacuum.  
In the bathrooms....Toilets, sinks and mirrors.
Homeschooling....back at it today, so I need to prepare the boy's lessons and look through the girl's to see what they have.   
Cooking.....lunch today will probably be sandwiches.  Dinner is Chicken Pasta.  I have to get caught up and updated on my food blog too, that poor thing hasn't seen a post in forever.
 

Currently reading::::
Nothing, absolutely nothing.  Waiting on a book to come in for review though.
 
On the TV today::::
Hubby and I took a break during the holidays but we're going back to watching our Star Trek. 


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Chicken Fettucine with Veggies
Tuesday - Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Wednesday - Ravioli with Cheese and Spaghetti Sauce
Thursday - Chicken with Mushroom Gravy, Mash
Friday - Italian Grilled Cheese, Fries
Saturday - Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Sunday - Italian Meatball Torte


What I am creating at the moment::::
Nothing at all, but I have been looking through my yarn and want to get it organized, once again, and finish some WIPs too.      

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
There are a few I want to try, just hope I remember to take photos and update the food blog.
 

Favorite photo from the camera::::

 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.
– Psalm 42:8 (NIV)


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

11 comments:

Anna said...

I agree, spending time with family is more important than blogging. Your creamer sounds yummy! We don't have much of a selection around here *sigh*. Well there is if I bought the liquid, but I get the powder since I have no way to refrigerate it.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday dear Lady! So nice to see you back...but I'm glad you took a break too. I think sometimes that's needed to reset and refresh. Wishing you a wonderful week!!! xoxo

threesidesofcrazy said...

LOVE that picture. We have had company since Christmas so I haven't update my blog either and didn't even get to today's HHM so will join back in next week. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I also took a break over the holiday period (so necessary!)....can't wait to see where your blogging takes you in the next few months....and I'll be a regular on your recipe blog too (Blogmas totally convinced me that I *love* blog posts that introduce me to new foods/recipes!!!!!)......

Christy said...

I think we all needed the break! Happy New Year!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Wow! That picture is breathtaking!

New to your blog and enjoying it very much!

Debbie said...

Happy New Year Sandra.

Breaks are good for the brain and the soul!

Gorgeous photo. Have a wonderful week (and hope you can complete some of your WIPs).

Amy at love made my home said...

Such a lovely photo to end your post with! Your dinners all sound delicious too, I hope you enjoy them. Lovely to hear from you again, I think that it is good to take a break from time to time though to regroup, so good on you! Hope you have a good week. xx

Connie said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. I don't know how you homeschool; I never could have done that. My kids are grown. Out of the house and have families of their own. So I say spend time with your family; time goes by so fast.

Jean said...

What a fantastic photo! I need to get back to joining you in these planning posts after taking much too long of a break myself. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Susanne said...

That picture of the sky is stunning. I've been enjoying getting back to a semblance of routine after the holidays. The creamer sounds delicious. I've been trying not to drink too much of that stuff right now after having indulged so much over the holidays but I may have to break down and look for that flavor, although we don't seem to get all the lovely flavors here that you guys do.