Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Grocery Haul - Weeks October 22nd to November 5th

Hello ladies, I'm back with another grocery haul.  I just went grocery shopping this morning, at the base commissary.  I can't tell you how blessed I am to be able to continue shopping on base.

I worked on my menu plan and grocery list yesterday, went through the freezer, fridge and pantry to see what I had on hand and worked out the meal plan around that.

Once again, this was the food shop for the next 2 weeks, and I managed to do quite well, spending only a total of $144.69.

Proud of myself.

I'll show you what I got, and then share the menu plan beneath.  :)

Grocery Haul

Two loaves of bread, two packs of the burrito style tortillas to make some freezer burritos for lunches.  3 bags of chips, I get the pretty inexpensive ones which are still good.  I find chips so expensive lately.

Grocery Haul

Didn't need too much, so just a few things for the fridge.

Grocery Haul

Gallon of milk which I thought was quite expensive at over $3 a gallon, it's cheaper at Walmart.  Orange juice, creamer, sour cream and butter.

Grocery Haul

I got 4 dozen eggs, they were only 69 cents.  These will be great not only for breakfast but as a quick meal if needed too.  Turkey Bologna, Pepperoni for homemade pizzas.

Grocery Haul

Potatoes O'Brien for a Nacho Casserole I'm making, and some Mixed veggies for Shepherd's pie.

Grocery Haul

I had a 50c coupon for these, so got a provolone and a pepper jack.  They're only a little over a dollar to begin with so it wasn't bad. 

Grocery Haul

Swiss cheese singles for sandwiches

Grocery Haul

Had another 50c coupon for these shredded cheese.  I know they're not as good as shredding your own, but I just buy them for the convenience and the Cooper Brand are usually super cheap.

Grocery Haul

My family loves these for lunches, and they're usually 2 dollars something, but today they were over $3, so I only bought one and then bought some ingredients to make my own.

Grocery Haul

Chicken Thighs.  I always get these bags because they're cheap and usually have enough for 2 meals, depending on what I'm making.

Grocery Haul

The two pizzas I got for lunches, a thin crust pepperoni and a special deluxe pizza.  These were only $2.75 each.

Grocery Haul

Potatoes were on sale, a 10 lb bag for just $1.69 so I got 2 of those.  I'm thinking side dishes, potato soup, baked potato for a quick lunch etc.

Grocery Haul

Grocery Haul

Seedless grapes.  I've been loving grapes lately and they're pretty cheap right now so I'm either buying the green or the red. 

Grocery Haul

Red leaf lettuce, it was 75c.

Grocery Haul

Green onions, I don't buy them often because I grow my own from these bunches and they last me a month or two.

Grocery Haul

2 medium sized tomatoes, 2 green peppers and a bag of onions.  I always buy these bags because they're only 99c.

Grocery Haul

3 cans of Pinto beans, kidney beans, 2 cans of refried beans, 3 cans of Rotel tomato and green chilies, cheddar cheese soup for a recipe, pizza sauce, tomato sauce and pumpkin puree.

Grocery Haul

Vegetable oil, a small bottle of olive oil and some ranch dressing.

Grocery Haul

I have quite a bit of machine coffee which I need to use up, but I bought a small Nescafe Clasico for a quick cup of coffee here and there.  Skip creamy peanut butter, my 13 year old son has been going through peanut butter like crazy.

Grocery Haul

Box of black beans and rice to use as a side dish, some Jambalaya mix for a meal (I already have smoked sausage in the freezer), hamburger helper (not a fan but my family likes it), 15 bean soup mix, two taco seasoning packets.

Grocery Haul

Sweet n low for the hubby and I, and some active dry yeast for bread and other baking, I had run out.

Grocery Haul

Don't usually get this rice, we prefer the Basmati, but it's quite pricey for a small bag, so I got this big 5lb bag for a little over 2 dollars.

Grocery Haul

Sugar

Grocery Haul

Some roasted vegetable crackers, they were on sale.  Instant oatmeal, my daughter loves these.  Krave cereal which was only sale as well for $2. 

Grocery Haul

As always, ramen noodles.

Grocery Haul

These were on sale for a dollar so I got a pepsi for my son, a diet coke for me, a dr pepper for the hubby and a coke for the daughter.  We all like different things.  And these are pretty much the only soda I got for the rest of the month, there is juice, kool aid, sweet tea and water to drink the other days.

Grocery Haul

2 packs of treats for Bella.  2 boxes of the U by Kotex pads, and a cheapy hair color for me. 

Grocery Haul

I was supposed to get trash bags and mine have to be 39 gallon because we have a pretty big trash can.  I thought I grabbed the, and when I got home I realized I grabbed lawn and leaf bags, bummer.  But it will have to make do, I can't justify going out and buying more bags.  Dishwasher tabs, I actually really like these, they work well in my washer and are only 2 dollars something.  Some dish soap, it's only 79c.

Grocery Haul

Still have toilet paper but don't want to run out, that's like my fear hahaha  So I got a small 6 pack.

Grocery Haul

Paper plates, and below these 3 baking foil dishes which were on sale for 75c.

Grocery Haul

And that is it, that was my grocery haul for the rest of the month and a week into November.

I don't know how the next meal plan and grocery haul is going to be, I truly hope my husband has a job lined up by then otherwise we are in serious trouble.  But, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Hope you enjoyed my grocery haul.  Now for the meal plan, and I'll kind of explain each meal, if I'm using leftovers or something already on hand etc.  Might give you some ideas on how to make use of what you already have in the fridge, freezer and pantry. 

Most of the meals I'm making are using meats I already have in the freezer and items I have sitting in the pantry, so I'll tell you below which is which, like I said, it may give you some ideas :)

Remember last time I went shopping the ground beef was on sale so I bought extra, which is what I'm using for a lot of the meals this time.


Saturday 22nd
Roast Chicken with roast potatoes (Have a whole chicken in the freezer so using that)

Sunday 23rd    - 
Chicken Alfredo (use leftover roast chicken, and have a jar of Alfredo sauce in the pantry that I haven't used yet)

Monday 24th  - 
Shepherd's Pie and Salad (Ground beef from the freezer)

Tuesday 25th  -
Crockpot Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks, Fries (Have a bag of chicken legs I didn't use from last meal plan, going to use that.  Will also make my own hoagie buns to use)

Wednesday 26th  -
Spaghetti, Garlic Bread (Ground beef from the freezer, Spaghetti sauce I had in the pantry, and garlic bread I had in the freezer that hadn't been used yet)

Thursday 27th  -
Ranch Chicken Thighs with Mash (Chicken thighs I bought, ranch dressing dry mix that I have in the pantry)

Friday 28th  - 
Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles (Ground beef from the freezer, Egg noodles I have in the pantry)

Saturday 29th
Amish Chicken Pot Pie (Leftover Ranch chicken, making my own dough)

Sunday 30th  -
Indian Fry Bread Tacos with Refried Beans with bacon and chilies (Ground beef from the freezer, will make the fry bread.  The refried beans side dish is a new recipe and aside from the refried beans I bought today, I already have bacon and canned green chilies)

Monday 31st  -
Smoked Sausage Jambalaya, Salad (Smoked sausage from the freezer)

Tuesday 1st  -
Beef and Potato Nacho Casserole (Ground beef from the freezer, canned green chilies and tomatoes from the pantry.  New recipe and will share it on the blog when I make it)

Wednesday 2nd  -
Biscuits and Gravy, Bacon, Eggs  (homemade biscuits, have 2 packets of sausage gravy in the pantry so I'll use that, and also have bacon that I didn't need to buy)

Thursday 3rd  -
Hamburger Helper (Ground beef from the freezer)

Friday 4th  -
Feijoada (Portuguese bean stew.....using dried beans that I have in the pantry, bacon I already have and tomato sauce I bought today)

Saturday 5th  -
Homemade Pizza

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I need to restock my dried beans soon. I have to meal plan with no processed foods (due to Hubby's heart attack), and with our ample tomato season, my home canned items have helped. I need to find a store that sells mackerel and flounder next. I should stock up my yeast too. I just ordered two bags of organic bread flour to start making my breads again. My kitchen has been super busy canning with tomatoes (we brought in 500 lbs. this season).

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your beautiful blog! I love seeing your grocery haul and menu plans. It motivates me and gives me ideas at the same time. We are also on a very tight budget. I will keep your family in my prayers and that a job comes through for your husband...today!

Renee

~Carla~ said...

Wow.. those prices!! We are lucky to get one dozen eggs for the price of your 4 dozen combined here!! I can't get over the food prices in the U.S... we'd be in heaven! Lol!