Sunday, December 31, 2017

{ New Year Fun - 2017 Edition }


 Every year, on the last day of the year, I do this post.  It is a way of looking back on what we've done, where we've been and what has happened throughout the year.

I would like to say that 2017 was kind to us, but it really wasn't.  We lost two family members, my daughter struggled with a serious bout of depression and anxiety, my husband's job was uncertain at times and we accrued more debt than we would like to due to unforeseen circumstances.

But it wasn't all bad, my daughter did graduate from High School, my niece got married, we had another family reunion at the lake and my husband finally got a permanent position at work.

Whatever is headed our way in 2018, only God knows, but I am hopeful that it will finally be our year, health wise, emotionally and financially.  I'm also hoping that I can be stronger, more determined, more faithful to the Lord and less of a worrier.

I don't do New Year's resolutions, never been much for them, so I guess in a sense these are just goals or things I would like to see happen, and with God's help, I'm pretty sure they can be attained.

Lastly, my wish for you all and your families, is that you are continually blessed and that this new year upon is, bring you nothing but joy, health and wealth.

Love you my dear readers!!!

Post the first sentence of your first blog post of each month. You can also add a favorite picture from each month.

Happy New Year everyone!

******************************************

 
 January
Good morning dear friends, welcome to January of 2017 and our first Happy Homemaker Monday.


February
And just like that, January has come to an end.  In what seems like the blink of an eye.

February 1, 2017

March
 I've been trying very hard to get plants into my house.

February 28, 2017

April
Good morning friends, hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for the week ahead.


May
Good morning everyone and Happy May!!!
 
June
Ok so I just finished my blog book for 2007.  Much as I'm loving this amazing trip down memory lane, it's also really hitting me and making me quite emotional.

Bella

July
Can you believe that it is July 1st?  We are halfway through this year already, my goodness.

July 1, 2017

August
Oh what a day!!!
 
_MG_8102

September
Happy Monday everyone, and Happy September too!!!
 
October
Good morning everyone, hope you've had a brilliant weekend.
 
 
November
I'm getting ready to menu plan for the next two weeks.
 
_MG_9662

December
Good morning friends, and a very Happy Monday to you all :)
 

2 comments:

Jean said...

What a great idea for a post, may have to borrow it. Hope you have a wonderful,healthy, and happy New Year!

Simply Quaint said...

Thank you for sharing your life with us, look forward to 2018.....

Happy New Year....
Blessings
Rhonda