Monday, July 16, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/16/2018 }

Hello friends, I'm back :)

I apologize for the lack of Happy Homemaker Mondays the past two weeks, but as you already know, I was in San Diego and didn't have my laptop with me.  I surely did miss sharing this Monday feature with you all though and am so happy to be back home to do it.

We have just a few weeks left before school starts again, can you believe that?  I'll have a 10th grader, my word.

Have a lot coming up in the next few weeks though.  This coming weekend, my beautiful daughter returns home and she's bringing her boyfriend with to stay for two weeks.  We have never met him in person, so are very much looking forward to doing so.

Once he leaves, I have but a week to prepare for my stepmom's arrival from South Africa.  I haven't seen her in 10 years, and she's coming for the month of August, so I'm delighted to be seeing her soon.  School starts while she's here, oh boy.

I'll only really get a break from visits and hosting, in September.  So, as you can see, lots going on and lots planned for the next month.

But, let's get right into our Happy Homemaker Monday.  I hope you all have a beautiful blessed week!!!!    




The weather.....Scorching hot here in Texas.  This upcoming week we will be seeing highs of 108.  I can't folks, I just can't.  I have found that the older I get, the less I can handle hot temperatures like these.  Let's pray that we don't all melt, shall we? 

Right now I am....I am sitting on my couch, listening to Jasmine's birds chattering away as I have just uncovered them for the day.  It's very quiet, hubby is off to work and Nick is sleeping.  

Thinking....About what I need doing this week in preparation for my daughter's boyfriend's visit.  Also thinking about my to do list for today, there's so many things I want to get done but truthfully, didn't sleep well last night and am moving at a snail's pace this morning, so we will see just how much I actually accomplish. 

Something fun or interesting that happened....I was blessed to be present during my niece's labor.  Having gone through it twice before myself, it is a completely different feeling when you're watching someone you love go through that pain, but what a beautiful and absolutely breathtaking moment watching a life come into this world. 

On my reading pile.... Have received quite a few more books in for review.  I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the list I have to read, there's a mix of genres and fantastic books on my shelf, at the moment.

On my TV.....With the World Cup finally over, I'm back to catching up on favorite shows.  At the moment though, I'm trying to catch up on the vlogs I've missed the past two weeks.  Who knew that just two weeks could accumulate such a huge stack of videos?
I'm also still watching Call the Midwife and there are a few other Period Dramas that I'm wanting to get through as well.  As always, if I find something interesting, I'll share with you and add it to my lists here on the blog.    


On the menu for this week....
Monday - Chicken a La King, Mashed Potatoes
Tuesday - Hamburger Helper, Salad
Wednesday - Fricassee Chicken with Rice
Thursday - Bacon and Zucchini Pasta Bake
Friday - Tacos, Cilantro and Lime Rice
Saturday -Baked Chicken Penne, Salad
Sunday -Ribs, Fries, Corn on the Cob

On my to do list....
Iron and put laundry away
Carpet clean

In the craft basket....Nothing at the moment.

Looking around the house.... It's actually clean and tidy so I don't have much to do in the sense of cleaning.  My windows are all needing cleaning though, so I may tackle that sometime today, probably this morning before it gets too hot this afternoon.

Devotionals, Bible verses, Worth sharing....
Love Steven Furtick, actually first heard of him through my brother Paul, and ever since then, I've been truly enjoying all of his messages.  He is a breath of fresh air, young guy, very relatable, but with powerful messages to get across.  Just thought I would share one of his videos below, because it truly was a light bulb moment for me and I hope it does the same for you. :)



5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds like it's going to be busy the rest of the summer, but in a blessed way. Enjoy all the company and time to visit. Try and stay cool or at least as cool as possible. I am definitely the same way as I get older - no heat tolerance! Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

Jean said...

You sound like you have lots going on over there! I can relate to having lots on the to-do list without a lot of energy. Hope you feel better as the day moves forward. Have a wonderful week!

Rebecca Knox said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on on all fronts, Sandra! Congratulations on the new great-niece! What a blessing to be able to attend her birth! Stay cool and enjoy your company! Blessings over all! <3

Susanne said...

108*! Oh my word, I think it's boiling when it hits the 80's. We're in a heat wave right now hitting the low 90's and not cooling off at night below the '60's. I don't know what I'd do if it got to 108. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

Planning and doing the work is good. Nice to see your plan. Even cooking menu is also ready!
So worried when i heared about the temperature...