Monday, August 03, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/03/2020 }

Good morning sweet ladies, how was your weekend?

I had a pretty good one, well, nothing super exciting happening but I believe that in this season of my life, a quiet relaxing weekend, is more than I could hope for.

I apologize for not visiting your blogs last week, honestly did not have the time, and as you also know I haven't been feeling very well the past two or so weeks.  Thankfully seem to be getting over that hill.

Not much to update you all on, we are hopeful for a resolution to our situation this week, also I started my Youtube channel back up and have uploaded a grocery haul and a weekly meal video.  If it's something you enjoy watching or think you would enjoy, be sure to go on over and take a look.

Right, I am in a bit of a hurry this morning, I need to get my daughter to work in about an hour and still have to get this post up, make some breakfast and get dressed.  It's one of those busy mornings.

Hope you all have a blessed, wonderful week!!! 



♥♥The Weather♥♥

Cooled off a bit last week, and we even had some rain, a power outage and all that fun stuff.  However, even with a bit cooler weather in Texas, it still means humidity and clamminess, which is so yucky.   

Monday - Partly cloudy, 89
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 90
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 96
Thursday -  Partly cloudy, 99
Friday - Mostly sunny, 99
Saturday -  Mostly Sunny,  100
Sunday - Sunny, 100


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Not too bad.  One of the symptoms that bug me the most is the irritability, to the point where I can irritate myself LOL  Usually when that dissipates, I know I'm back on track, thank God.                       


♥♥On my mind♥♥
Oh goodness, so much.  Projects I want to get done in the house, the job situation, our future, our country, school starting on the 17th, etc.                  


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥

Just had some coffee with Peppermint Mocha.  Will have some toast when I return from dropping Jasmine off.        


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
I am now in the second book of Kings in my Bible

These are still on my reading pile:

The Doctor of Aleppo
Loving Well in a Broken World


♥♥On my tv♥♥
Started my Portuguese Soaps again after about a year of not watching any.  So glad I did though, I've missed hearing my language and feeling closer to my heritage. 

Also, been watching some wonderful documentaries on Magellan TV.


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

You can see last week's meals on the youtube video.  This week I need to work on a new meal plan, I am actually thinking of doing just Portuguese meals the next two weeks. 

Monday - Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers, Macaroni and Cheese
Tuesday - Deep Dish Sausage Pizza
Wednesday - Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake, Salad
Thursday - Chicken Curry, Garlic Naan
Friday
Saturday -
Sunday -


♥♥From the camera♥♥

My girl and her kitty.  She loves this baby.        



♥♥Looking around the house♥♥

It is not as bright as it usually is in the mornings, but that is due to the cloudy skies.  I do see the big bright orange ball of the sun, peeking over the tree branches in my back yard.
I have some laundry baskets with clean, folded laundry just needing to be put away.  Also need to vacuum and dust today. 


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Oh the dreaded bathroom cleaning.  Ugh, just not my favorite chore at all, but one that is very much needed to be done in a household, right?


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Reading, crocheting, watching my Portuguese Soaps. 


♥♥Something I want to share♥♥
I've been enjoying sharing these videos with you all, and I hope you're enjoying watching them too.  This new one is called The Irish Linen Industry - Growing Flax and Making Irish Linen.  Such a neat process to watch. 




♥♥On my prayer list♥♥

****  My husband's job situation.  I am praying for a breakthrough this week, that he either gets to keep the job he so loves, or that another job even better than this one, comes along. 
****  Our country.  

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Praying for your hubs, hope it all works out for him!! What a cute pic of your daughter and kitty! Your menu looks yummy, off to check out your channel!! Happy Monday!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Adorable picture of Jasmine and Eliott - so cute. Keeping you in my prayers as Curt's job situation is in flux. After breakfast I'm going to go check out the Linen video - sounds interesting. Have a Blessed week,

Jean said...

Aw, that picture of your daughter and her kitten. So cute! Hope you feel much better this week and prayers for resolution on the job front for your husband. Thanks for hosting this link up, love starting my new weeks this way!

Luludou said...

Great picture of your daughter and the kittie. Have a great week

Theresa said...

What is your Youtube channel called? Would love to check it out.