Thursday, October 01, 2020

Almanac 2021 - TLC Book Tour

 


• Paperback: 400 pages
• Publisher: National Geographic (September 22, 2020)

Purchase Links

Penguin Random House | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

*******************************

 REVIEW: 

I have been extremely lucky to have been able to review the Almanac the past 2 years.  It is a book I absolutely love, for the myriad of information contained within it's pages.

I am a person that loves all sorts of subjects, and don't really like to stick to just one.  With the Almanac I feel that in one book, I can travel the world and learn about so many different topics.  It's almost like flipping through TV channels.

This is one of those books that would make a brilliant gift for a husband or son.  

Gorgeous photography, a tour of our solar system, tornadoes, the human body, diving the antarctica, the James Webb telescope which looks into folding mirrors, birth of stars and systems and even microshutters.  

There is a really good timeline of the human evolution, neandetherals, ancestors and so forth.

This is a book that you can really get into and never be bored.  And what's best?  This Almanac has quiz masters spread out that ask you questions about the information contained in the different chapters.  It is so neat, and really does make you think.

I have to give it a huge thumbs up again.  I think I'll be adding it to my christmas gift list.

 

Thank you to TLC Book tours and National Geographic for providing me with a review copy.

1 comment:

Sara Strand said...

I absolutely love almanacs! This one was really great. Thank you for being on this tour! Sara @ TLC Book Tours