Monday, December 21, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/21/2020 }

Good morning everyone, how was your weekend? 

Mine was good, did my last minute Christmas shopping on Saturday.  Can I just say how frustrating Christmas shopping has become?  Is it just me who feels this way?
 
I used to love Christmas shopping, but now it's just a headache.  I think we put so much pressure on ourselves to find the perfect gift, it takes all the joy out of buying a gift for someone.  At least for me.
 
Anyway, it is early Monday morning, Christmas is literally right around the corner.  Can't believe how quickly this year has gone.  
 
Oh and just as an update, I mentioned my blood work last week, everything is fine, the doctor says all levels are within normal limits and I'm good to go.  Thank the Lord.
 
Right, let's get on with our HHM.  BTW you'll be seeing me around here a bit more, I'm taking a break from Instagram at least until the end of the month and into January.  I will be on there once in a while just to check messages because I do need my page up for book review purposes.  I just won't be sharing anything about my life etc.  The new data policy changes are quite intrusive and for the moment, I do not feel comfortable being on there.



The weather outside is::::
Currently 37 degrees, but we will have a high of 65 today, so that will be nice. 

Monday - 65
Tuesday -  72
Wednesday -  51
Thursday -  57
Friday - 61
Saturday -  65
Sunday - 62


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
I'm sipping on some coffee with Sweet Cream creamer.  I'll be making instant pot creamy oatmeal for breakfast, later.  

 
As I look outside my window::::
It is pitch black outside, the sun hasn't yet come out.  I do have my window open, so I can hear cars in the distance and birds chirping nearby.     


As I look around the house::::
Aside from the lit Christmas tree, I don't think it really looks like the holidays in my house.  We've struggled with getting into the spirit and decorating, didn't even put up my Village.  Oh well.       

 
What I'm wearing today::::
For the moment I'm in my pajamas, not sure what I'll wear later.            

 
Currently reading::::
Reading through Isaiah.   
Also finishing up a book for review this week.  

 
On the TV for this week::::
My Portuguese soap "Bem me Quer"
Vlogs on Youtube
 
 
On the menu this week::::
 
Monday - Bratwurst Tray Bake, Salad
Tuesday - Fricassee Chicken, Rice
Wednesday  - Beef roast with Potatoes, Cheesy Cauliflower
Thursday - Christmas Eve (Shrimp Rissois, Sausage Rolls, Chocolate pyramids, cheeseburger sliders, yule log)  My sister in law is making ham, potato bake and a few other things
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday -  *Grocery shopping*
Sunday -
 
 
Something fun to share::::
Bringing you another beautiful video this morning, this one is from M vlogs, and it's called Delights of December.  Hope you enjoy!   

 
 
Favorite photo from the camera::::
Early morning light paired with twinkly Christmas tree lights.  Such a beautiful combination.     
 
 

Prayers, Inspiration quotes, Devotionals::::
Have a few on my prayer list this week.
 
Joca in Portugal - he is in the hospital with covid and having some issues with his respiration.
Ze - a dear friend's husband in South Africa, he has liver cancer and is hospitalized at the moment with fluid in the lungs.
Isabel - friend in South Africa, she is 42 years old and has ovarian cancer that unfortunately has spread.  She is going through a very difficult time.

7 comments:

Schotzy said...

Wow, I use sweet cream in my coffee, too. I have to thank you for getting me into vlogs. I watch them every night and have found some great places to visit!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm feeling you with the lack of motivation to decorate. With Dad passing and everything else this year, I hardly put up anything (nor baked like usual). Have a nice week! Merry Christmas!

Luludou said...

Here the Christmas shopping is a real hassle with all confinement rules .. anyhow all will be closed from dec 26 to january 11 except for essential services. So glad I did my shopping mostly online and way early. Nice video.
Hope you have a joyful Christmas - have fun with your family.

Eden said...

Hi Sandra! I'm so glad to hear that your bloodwork was within normal limits. Praise the Lord!! Beautiful photo!! I will be keeping your friends in prayer. Hugs

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hellooooo!! Sorry I'm so late. I literally didn't even remember what day it was. But I still wanted to post. I swear this flu threw me for a loop! I did see that you're taking a break from insta. I totally understand that. I'm so happy you'll keep blogging though. Praying for everyone on your prayer list. The world is so crazy and difficult anyway, let alone feeling sick and miserable within it all. Makes one count their blessings, that's for sure. I love the videos you find so much!! Thanks for always sharing so much of yourself beautiful Lady. Stay healthy now and have a very blessed Christmas week ahead. 🙏 🎄 🌟

threesidesofcrazy said...

So sorry I forgot to press send on my comment so let's start again. Glad your bloodwork turned out okay and I LOVE that photo - so pretty. I too struggled with decorating, but in the end hubby won and I'm glad I did it. I'm also glad I didn't do EVERYTHING - just enough to feel it. Looking forward to 2021 being the year of new beginnings! Have a Merry Christmas my friend.

Jean said...

Glad your bloodwork turned out fine! Your photo is beautiful, such a peaceful scene. Hope you having a wonderful holiday week. Merry Christmas!!