Tuesday, December 01, 2020

{ Slow Cooking Thursday Christmas Edition }

 

On the 14th of September, 2006, I started a feature on my blog called Slow Cooking Thursday.

I had been blogging just a few months and I was really enjoying getting to know other homemakers in blogland, exchanging recipes and ideas, joining in different weekly features on other blogs, and so on.

I decided to start up Slow Cooking Thursday as a means to share all the great crockpot recipes I made or wanted to try, thinking other homemakers would enjoy them as well.  The feature was received with huge enthusiasm and participation and quickly became a favorite for many.

It went for many years and then as life got busy and I wasn't gathering or trying many slow cooker recipes, I just stopped posting.

But I've missed it over the years and I was thinking last night that it's been a long time since I've posted a Slow Cooking Thursday, and I have a few recipes that I've been wanting to try over the holidays.  So, I've decided to dust it off, and bring it back at least for the month of December, to begin with, and to do a Christmas Edition.

If you want to join in, you are more than welcome, I will put up a linky starting this Thursday, and every Thursday for this month.  

Below are the banners I will use, I have made one for each week and if you join in, I would really appreciate it if you would use the ones I provided and not make one of your own.  

Week 1


Week 2



Week 3



Week 4



Share your favorite slow cooking recipes for the holidays, they can be a main dish, a side dish, a dessert or even a drink such as your favorite hot chocolate, apple cider or punch.

Be sure to visit each participant and leave a comment.  My hope is that through this exchange we can gather a bunch of new recipes to try, and who knows, we may just find our new favorite for the holidays.

2 comments:

Luludou said...

I will be sure to follow!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love this Sandra!! I always loved Slow Cooking Thursdays. I will try to join up whenever I'm able. Merry Christmastime! 🎄 ✨ ♥️