Monday, March 14, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/14/2022 }

Good morning, good morning.  How was your weekend?
 
Ours was good but quite busy, I honestly feel like I didn't have a weekend, just a super long week.  But, nonetheless, here we are, Monday morning and another full week before us.  I hope the Lord blesses you and grants you a peaceful, wonderful week with your family.
 
Let's get on and see what we have going on around our homes. 




♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
We had what I think was the last winter storm, last week.  Really hoping at least.  It's been quite weird with cold and hot and cold and hot.  But this week we are finally heading into the hot weather, and I'm thinking it is finally going to stick around. 

Monday - Partly cloudy, 68
Tuesday - Sunny, 68
Wednesday - Sunny, 81
Thursday - PM showers, 77 
Friday - Partly cloudy, 64
Saturday - Sunny, 72
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 78


♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
Cloudy skies.  There is a slight breeze which is making the branches on the trees, wave to and fro.  The birds are flying about, chirping loudly, and reminding me that Spring is right around the corner.  I love this time of year, our property is flooded with birds, there are nests on every tree, and little ones being born. 
 
 
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥ 
Typing up this post and eating my breakfast. 
 
 

♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
What to do.  For about a month we kept hearing what we assumed was a mouse in our walls, chewing on something.  Curt went into the attic multiple times but couldn't find anything at all.  This morning, I was laying in bed with Elliott, and was startled by a loud crash on my window above.  Whatever was chewing about came crashing through the wall.  It turned out to be a squirrel.  I screamed with fright and he scurried back to through the hole he made into the attic.
 
Curt is coming home at lunch time, to try and patch that wall up and see about removing this squirrel from our attic.  I don't think I ever got such a big fright as I did this morning.  My goodness. 
 
 
 
 ♥♥ Homemaking tips ♥♥ 
One thing I always do, is to pour some Fabuloso cleaner, into the bowl of the toilet brush.  It helps to keep it clean and it also smells wonderful in the bathroom.  
 
 

♥♥ How I am feeling ♥♥ 
Tired, quite tired this morning.  Anytime we change the clocks for Spring, and lose that hour, I feel so exhausted the first few days.  I guess it's my body trying to adjust. 



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Cup of coffee with Hazelnut creamer, and a fresh bread roll (baked yesterday), with butter and ham.   



♥♥ On my reading pile ♥
The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini.  
The Bible, reading through Genesis. 
Devotional.



♥♥ On my TV ♥♥
*  My Portuguese soaps, Quero e Viver, Serra and Para Sempre. 
Outlander - The new season started last week. 
Catherine the Great 
The Guilded Age
All Things Great and Small - Season Two 



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 

Monday - Chicken Strogonoff, Basmati Rice, Beans and Salad

Tuesday - Baked Tortellini, Garlic Bread, Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday - Roast Chicken Legs, Roast Potatoes, Sauteed Pumpkin
 
Thursday - Mexican Lasagna, Salad 
 
Friday - *Grocery Shopping*

Saturday -

Sunday -



♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
Bread straight out of the oven.




♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
I am so glad I cleaned my house top to bottom.  It's just a matter of keeping on top of the daily tidying up, and I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor right now.
I do have a pile of clean towels, neatly folded on my dining table, which I need to put away.  Also have 3 boxes of lego castle and ships, that my husband and son are putting together to display in the office.  These boxes have moved from Idaho to Arizona, back to Idaho and then on to Texas. 



♥♥ To do list ♥♥
* Put the clean towels away
* Dust and vacuum
* Start working on the new menu and grocery list 
* Call base pharmacy to refill my patches
* Devotional and Bible reading
 
 
 
♥♥  Prayer List ♥♥
My sister in law Hayley......she had her last radiation treatment on Friday.  We are all so thankful to God for healing her of this cancer, though the treatments have been quite brutal.  She now has to heal from the radiation.  If you've never seen anyone after radiation treatment, it is so painful, and looks quite awful.  I saw it both with my mother in law and now my sister in law.  Breaks my heart.
My mom Jacinta.....for continued healing and protection from these constant falls.  She broke her wrists two years ago from one of these falls, and is quite bruised up constantly.  It's really sad to know this is happening, and I am so far away.  nfused.  She is 74 years old, and we are having to make some very difficult decisions at this time.
Church family members....quite a few dealing with cancer of different types.  Our music director is sick as well with a bad flu.
 
 
 
♥♥ Today's Devotional ♥♥
Anytime you question God's wisdom or step over his boundaries, you are telling yourself that you are smarter than God.
 - New Morning Mercies Devotional by Paul David Tripp   


9 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh my that squirrel was probably as frightened as you were! I hope Curt can find his entrance to the attic and get it closed up well. Being in the country is so much fun. When they were doing some clearing near the pond by our house a few years ago we had a similar problem with field mice in the neighborhood. Seems they like to make nests in the ducting material under the house. I absolutely LOVE your devotional today, if just everyone would listen to that one sentence the world would be a different place! Have a good week my friend and enjoy that lovely weather you're finally having.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Sandra!
I would have had an absolute heart attack! Thank goodness you now know what's going on and hopefully it will be easy to address. Prayers for all of your family members. Cancer is so awful and I pray there is a cure one day!! I hope you have a very blessed week ahead and enjoy the beautiful weather. ☀️

Billie Jo said...

We had a squirrel in our walls once. Gave me the creeps! Joining you in prayer for all your intentions. Enjoy the beautiful weather!

Unknown said...

Wow, sorry about that squirrel giving you that scare. Hope Curt was able to take care of him. Poor little guy was probably scared himself. I'm so sorry about your mom, just pray, God will take care of her. So glad Hayley is done with radiation. As bad as she looks, radiation did it's job and now she can start healing. Soon she will start looking and feeling like her old self. Prayers for both she and your mom.

Ellen said...

I would have run screaming from the house if a squirrel came thru the wall!

Jean said...

We have lots of squirrels around here but thankfully never had one in our walls/house. That would have scared me! Hope you can get your "houseguest" out of the attic walls soon. That's a great tip, I have some strongly scented cleanser like that I quite using because it was overpowering but a bit in the bowl brush would be perfect. Thank you for the tip! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Monique G. said...

We've had quite a few noises coming from our attic too. Every time we head up we never see anything. I would definitely scream if a squirrel came through.
The bread looks delicious!
Sending prayers for your family.

Luludou said...

Must've been quite a scare with the squirrel! I know they are rodents, but they are so cute!
Thinking of your sil and mom.
Have a good rest of the week

Jennifer Walsh said...

I love reading your Happy Homemaker Monday blog posts! They are always filled with interesting updates and helpful tips. Thank you for sharing your day-to-day experiences. Don't forget to check out https://usepromos.com/ for amazing deals and promotions to make your homemaking even more enjoyable!