Monday, March 28, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/28/2022 }

Good morning my sweet friends.  I hope this post finds you doing well, rested, happy and ready for a whole new week ahead.

I must apologize for this post going up later than usual.  I've had a busy morning already, just got home and made myself some breakfast, so that now I can finally sit and work on this post.

I wish you all a very blessed week ahead, I pray the Lord covers you in His blessing and favor.

Let's get right on with our Happy Homemaker Monday,  seeing that we're running a bit late.....


 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
We are pretty much done with cold weather, and well into Spring and warm temperatures.  The days have been beautiful, warm, sunny, the trees all full of green leaves and our lawn is already turning green as well.  The past few days, the temperature has been in the high 80's, and today our high is 90.  Rest of the week is a bit cooler, but still, I'm happy with the 70's.

Monday - Sunshine, 90
Tuesday - Cloudy/wind, 83
Wednesday - Partly cloudy/wind, 65
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 75
Friday - Cloudy, 79
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 72
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 75


♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
Blue skies, not a cloudy in sight.  The birds are chirping and flying all around my trees.  From here, I can now see our chicken coop.  We are building one from scratch, as we are determined to get chickens this year.  I can't wait to see it all ready.


♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed, watching a youtube video on the tv, and typing up this post.


♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
On all that I want to get done in the yard.  We have started messing with it, here and there, but there is still so much to do.  It's normal once winter is over, to have a bit of a mess in the yard.  I need to pull weeds, I need to plant, I need to get my garden ready, we need to put down rocks, a gazebo and all sorts of things.  It's a bit frustrating for me, because of my allergies.  I can't do much outside without suffering for days after, but there are things that I can do during the week while Curt is at work, and I plan on doing them, even if I have to wear a mask to do it.


♥♥  Homemaking tips ♥♥
I'm sure many of you already do this, but every Sunday I restock the pantry and fridge, cut up veggies or fruit, and get everything ready for the week ahead.  


♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
I didn't sleep very well last night, kept waking up randomly throughout the night.  But, I'm doing ok.  I think Spring just makes me so happy that seeing it all come to life outside, makes me feel good inside.  Anyone else like that?


♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I am having a cup of coffee with sweet cream creamer, and a cheese and ham toasted sandwich.


♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
My Bible
My devotional
The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini  (I really need to finish this one)


♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Doctor Who- I'm trying to catch up on the last season.  I stopped watching it a few years ago but have been missing it lately, so plan on catching up.
Emma - the newest version
Crime Youtube Channels
Sermons and teachings by some prophets
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
New menu will kick in on Friday, but I haven't yet started working on it.  Will do that throughout the week.

Monday - Torta de Carne de liquidificador (Ground Beef Pie), Salad
Wednesday - Crack Chicken Pierogie Pie, Veggies
Thursday - Bacon Fettucine Alfredo, Steamed Broccoli
 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
I know life gets busy, and sometimes we lose track of time.  But I always schedule in some devotional and Bible reading time.  Even if just for 5 minutes, it has to happen during my day.
 


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
It is a bit of a mess right now.  Ok, well not a mess because the house itself is clean, but last week, our cousin asked us if we wanted her old couches.  They are in perfect condition, beautiful leather couches, because she was buying new ones.  We've been wanting new couches for a while, if you remember, one of our couch sets came with the house when we bought it.  They are very old, and I've used slipcovers on them for a while.  But, our plan was always to save money to buy a new set.  This offer from our cousin was a blessing for sure.  
 
So, we drove to Oklahoma and met her halfway and brought the couches back home.  Thing is, we still need to donate our old couches, and can only do that this coming weekend when Curt is off work.  So for now, I have a big couch in my dining room, a small chair in the hallway, and a loveseat in my living room, along with the new couches.  It is driving me up the wall.  I can't stand an untidy or cluttered house, it just bothers me, so until these are gone, I'm breathing deep and closing my eyes everytime I walk by them.  hahahah


♥♥  To do list  ♥♥
Fold and put away the laundry I washed last night (should have folded it last night but was so tired, I fell asleep watching tv)
Start the next review book
Start the new meal plan and grocery list
Write up the budget for month of April
Move my money tree to a bigger pot
Plant my 4 lavender pots
Begin cleaning out the patio
Pull weeds from walkway out back


♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
Here is the tragedy.  Sin causes us all, in some way, to turn our backs on the love of God and give the principal love of our hearts to someone or something else.
New Morning Mercies Devotional by Paul David Tripp


6 comments:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Happy Monday. I enjoyed reading Jennifer Chiaverini book series. I hope you have time to finish it. I usually plant lavender -semiprimes the pots do better than other times. I love Spring and needs to get more things planted.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I feel ya on the house and furniture situation, only with us it's boxes of the kids things that need to get out of the house. Our couches went to the burn pile due to the dogs destroying them. Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday Sandra!
How fun to have some new furniture. It will be so nice once you can get it all "settled". Lol I envy your warm temps and green grass and all things of this beautiful new season!! Still dealing with snow in our forecast up here - ugh! I'll live through you for now. 😉 I can't wait until you get chickens! You have the perfect kind of hobby farm place - dreamy! xo

threesidesofcrazy said...

My allergies are so bad when working with the soil each spring that I started wearing a mask and it does help! The good thing that came out of the pandemic was that mask realization. New couches - how much fun when you get it all arranged the way you want it after the donations. I can't wait to see the new chicken coop. Have a great week!

Jean said...

Sorry to be so late this week! I love messing around outside so I can't even imagine trying to battle allergies just do something I love. Hope they don't bother you too much this week. Can't wait to see some photos of your chicken coop and chickens. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Luludou said...

Sorry so late. Love living through you for the spring season.