Wednesday, March 02, 2022

{ My Wednesday }

IMG_2765

It has been such a beautiful day.  77 degrees, the most glorious warm sun shining down, not a cloud in the sky, and even a little breeze wafting in through the windows.

My back door was kept open, my windows were open wide as well, and the curtains swayed back and forth, ever so lightly.  It's little moments like these that warm my heart.

I think we so often let these precious moments go by, without paying any notice, as we go about our days.  So I'm glad I've learned to slow down, and take notice. 

IMG_2748

IMG_2754

IMG_2750

Last year, I took a few cuttings from my Philodendron, to propagate.  This is the only one that survived and is only now starting to actually grow new leaves.  In the meantime, I think I mentioned last week that I had cut a whole bunch more to try and propagate.

Once those start rooting, I'll move them into this same pot and hopefully get a big lush plant out of it.

If it were up to me, I would propagate and propagate and fill my house with these heart shaped philodendrons.  They're by far, the easiest plant I've ever cared for.

IMG_2751

In the afternoon, I sat and worked on my menu.  Elliott was undernearth the white blanket on the upper left of the photo.  He is so cute when he sleeps.  The minute he sees me sit on my bed, he is on, looking for a blanket to cuddle under and get a good nap.

IMG_2762

IMG_2763

I didn't get much else done today, I am dealing with quite a bit of cramping at the moment, so on days like these, I try to get as much rest as possible.  The light headed feeling doesn't help motivate me to do much of anything, so I try to listen to my body and follow it's lead.

I mostly worked on the computer, got the meal plan pretty much written up, just need to go over it again and see if I want to change anything, or add anything, and then write up the grocery list as well.

Also checked on the review books that have already come in.  You can see above, those are the ones that have arrived and I'll be reviewing within the next few weeks.

The only other thing I did today, was start rewatching Season 5 of Outlander, in preparation for the new season beginning on Sunday.  I hadn't watched Outlander in so long that I wasn't quite sure where the last season had left off, and didn't want to go into the new one, completely blank.

Dinner was another family favorite that just came up without being on the menu.  No one felt like having the fried chicken, and in it's place, they picked sloppy joes, which happen to be one of Nick's favorites.  I made some steak fries to go with the sloppy joes, and that was our meal.  So yummy.

And that my friends, is it, a very quiet, laid back day.  

Oh, we are also in the final stages of closing on the sale of my mother in law's house in Oklahoma (well my husband and brother in law's house now).

Curt and I have been paying all the bills on that house, for the past year and 2 months, and it's been a huge burden on us financially, considering we had just bought our own house the year prior to my mother in law passing.

To say that we are ready to see it sold, and be done with it burden, is an understatement.  The good thing, is that we managed to sell it to one of Curt's cousins, who was only too happy to buy a house that meant so much to the family, and holds so many wonderful memories.

God always knows what is best, and we have no doubt that His hand is in this process from start to finish, even down to picking the perfect buyers for the home.  

I'm sure very soon, we will be living stress free and able to just concentrate on fixing our own house.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Glad you had a nice Wednesday, we had the great weather as well. I was glad to work somewhere being outside was a given. My mom used to have a large philodendron, actually it's the only plant I remember her having. Might need to look into getting one, all about the easy houseplants. Congrats on the sale of the home, glad it is all working out and staying in the family. Hope you have a great rest of your week!