Monday, April 18, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/18/2022 }

Good morning sweet friends.  Welcome back to my little corner of blogland.  
 
It is a beautiful Spring morning.  I've already been out of the house to run an errand, and just got back in, made my breakfast and can now sit and get this post up.
 
Life has been a bit crazy, as always, this time though because we have a new member of the family.  I'll introduce her to you down below but will come back tomorrow with a whole post, on how this came about, how I'm feeling and how we've been adapting.  
Hope you all had a blessed Easter, we had a wonderful one with family.  My brother and sister in law came over, along with my niece, her husband and her babies, and my nephew and his girlfriend.  Jasmine's boyfriend also came over.  And the best part is, I got to have lots of baby cuddles with little Dalton who is almost 4 months old.
Anyway, that is enough babbling.  Let's see what is happening around blogland. 
 
Have a blessed weekend, friends ♥


 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Winds!!!  Really strong winds.  I don't remember ever dealing with these kind of winds before, it's a bit strange.  Other than that, we have had beautiful weather. 

Monday -  Partly cloudy, 72
Tuesday - Mostly cloudy, 73
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 97
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 94
Friday - Partly cloudy, 90
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 91
Sunday - Thunderstorms, 80



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
The wind is blowing and the tree branches and swaying back and forth.  It looks beautiful though.  I love seeing the morning or evening sun on the trees during spring time.  They are so green, so bright, and the sun just seems to bring their color out even more.  



♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed, while the babies sleep next to me. 



♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
Thinking about this whole house sale thing.  It's so frustrating.  Our closing date was March 9th, but we're still waiting to close because of paperwork hold up.  *sigh*
 
 

♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
Pretty good.  I was on my feet all weekend though, just getting things done, then preparing for our Easter get together, and today I'm feeling it.  I swear Sciatica is such a frustrating thing to deal with. 


♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Cup of coffee with Drumstick Coffee Creamer (the ice cream not the chicken lol ).  I am trying it for the first time and it's pretty good.  Also had a maple donut. 



♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
Reading Exodus in my Bible - was bad last week and didn't get any Bible reading done, so need to really step it up.
My devotional
Janette Oke's Women of the West



♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Honestly haven't had much time for tv this past week
Outlander
Crime Youtube Channels
Youtube homemaking channels

 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Shepherd's Pie, Salad
Tuesday - Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti Noodles, Broccoli
Wednesday - Salisbury Steak, Rice, Squash Casserole
Thursday - Ghoulash, Garlic Bread
Friday - Monterey Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies
Saturday - Corned Beef Hash, Salad
Sunday - Leftovers
 


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
We had family over for Easter yesterday, so of course the house got a little untidy.  We usually move furniture around and get the leaves on the dinner table, so have to kinda shift things around.  The next day, I always have a ton to clean up, put back in place and so on.  
Thankfully, I decided to do it all at 8pm last night, even though I was so sore and tired, but I didn't want to have to mess with anything today.
 
Figured I could take the day off to rest my sciatica and not exacerbate it.  
 
 

♥♥  To Do List ♥♥
-  Pull the meat out of the freezer, for dinner
-  Water the veggies out on the back porch
-  Do a load of laundry


♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
Last week we added a new member to the family.  It's a bit of a long story, and her adoption was finalized on Saturday.  I am not ready and wasn't ready, so that caused some emotions to rise to the top which culminated in a really tough week for me.  But, God has used this to start healing my heart, and moving me through the grief process with Marley's passing.

Anyway, more about that in another post, but just wanted you to meet Miss Kaia.  She is 4 and a half months old, and is mixed labrador and possibly hound.  Just like Marley, her mama was a labrador retriever but we don't know what her dad was.  We will eventually do a DNA test to determine exactly what she is.  She has a much longer face than Marley and her front paws are definitely not that of a labrador, looks more like a basset hound or some other kind of hound.



♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
You have no reason for fear when you answer God's call;  you have every reason to be afraid when you put your life in your own hands. 
New Morning Mercies Devotional by Paul David Tripp
 


9 comments:

Luludou said...

Glad you had some good family time for Easter. Love miss Kaia!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my goodness what a cute puppy. We plan to get another dog, but not until we get all house repairs done, and carpet ripped out. Have a fantastic week.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh My Miss Kaia is absolutely adorable! Her markings are just like those of my late Gunner who was all square head lab, but you're right about those paws - way too delicate for lab, but no matter as she's just precious the way she is. I'd guess she's already gone a long way to healing your heart. Keeping your house sale in my prayers - it's so frustrating when a closing drags on like that. Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

Jean said...

Glad you had a good Easter. Oh my, your new puppy is so cute! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Miss Kate is so Cute ! Enjoy your new family member.

Carol said...

What an adorable puppy! Not being ready for one can be a huge obstacle though. I am glad someone else commented about the winds as my husband and I were just talking the other night about never remembering the winds to be so bad as they have been lately.

A said...

Congratulations! So happy for you all! She is so sweet and absolutely the cutest! Baby snuggles are the BEST! Have a BLESSED WEEK!

Deanna said...

LOVE THE PUPPY!!!! I know you'll enjoy her a lot.

Billie Jo said...

She is precious! Hugs from chilly Pennsylvania!