Monday, June 13, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/13/2022 }

Good morning dear friends.  I hope this post finds you well, physically, mentally and spiritually.  
 
I know things look bleak at the moment, and many are struggling.  Not just here in the States but worldwide, I have family in 3 different countries who are also feeling the crazy price hikes, and struggling with the situation.
 
But I want you to know, that even when things look bleak, we have a Father that loves us, provides for us, and has His hand over our lives.  Remember that He sees all, and knows all.  It will be ok! 
 
I'm a little late this morning because I had to run some errands earlier.  I tried to get back home as soon as I could though, it's already 85 degrees and we've been hitting the triple digits.  My perimenopausal body is like "NOOOO."  Hahahah
 
Anyway, let's get on, I'm gonna switch our little graphic below, just to switch things up a little.  I wish you all a blessed week ahead, and as always, thank you so much for being here with me and participating, even when I'm not as active on the blog as I want to be. 
 

 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's already unbearably hot, at least for me.  I want so much to get out in my yard and work in the garden, but for goodness sakes, I can't do it when within 5 minutes I feel like I'm burning from the inside out.  
We have more hot weather ahead, wish me luck. 

Monday -  Sunny with gusty winds, 104
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 99
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 98
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 99
Friday - Mostly sunny, 101
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 99
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 98



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥
The wind is smacking the tree branches around.  I can see my back yard from my bedroom window, and it looks so pretty out there.  We got the yard mowed, and with the rain we got last week, it is a vibrant green.  So pretty!! 



♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on the bed and working on this post.  Elliott and Kaia waited for me to get back home, so they can take their morning naps.  They're not comfy, laying on the bed, and fast asleep.  



♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
About what I need to get done today.  I feel like I have a list, a mile long.  Hopefully I can get to it all. 
 
 

♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
I'm tired.  I had forgotten how hard it is to deal with a new puppy.  She is pretty good, but she still wakes us up a couple of times a night, and then some nights she sleeps through.  Other nights, she is up and wide awake sometime between 3 and 5.  Those days are rough, not going to lie, Curt and I walk around like zombies.  Hahaha   
 
But, I still feel extremely blessed right now.  With everything in my life. 



♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I had to stop at Walmart this morning, so I picked up some donuts for breakfast.  I am terrible with donuts, like terrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbblllleeeeee.  I had 2 with a cup of coffee, and now I'm sitting here reprimanding myself for it.  Oh well, it's not an everyday thing, so just gonna attribute that little oopsie to PMS.
 


♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
My Bible and devotional.
Janette Oke's Women of the West
In the dark we forget by Sandra S. Wong (review coming up next week)



♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Seinfeld
Homemaking vlogs 
 


♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Starting a full two weeks of Portuguese food and desserts.  I'm so excited for it, I've been craving my Portuguese food. 

Monday - Bacalhau com Natas (Cod Fish in a Cream Sauce), Salad 
Tuesday - Lasanha de Batata (Potato Lasagna), Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Torta de Atum (Tuna Pie), Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Thursday - Creamy Fish Fillets, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Friday - Rissois de Porco e de Galinha, Arroz com ervilhas (Pork, Chicken Rissoles, Rice with Peas)
Saturday - Barbecue, Potato Salad
Sunday - Father's Day (Pork Tenderloin, Potatoes, Salad, Orange Milk Tart)
 
 

♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
I carpet cleaned the entire house, and it looks so good.  I finally have a carpet cleaner that works properly, and the difference it makes is amazing.  Almost looks like new carpets.  
I also moved a few things around.
 
In my entryway, are a bunch of plants that we brought in yesterday, because the heat was unbearable yesterday afternoon, and the poor plants were struggling out there.  I'll move them back out this morning. 
I need to give the office a quick tidy and vacuum.  Kaia has her toy basket in there, and she's teething at the moment, so she is basically just chewing everything to pieces.  Drives me bonkers, I have to pick up what seems like a million tiny pieces, every day.



♥♥  To Do List ♥♥
-  Put up blackout curtains in the living room.  I have these beautiful flowery curtains I love, but they don't match the rug we have in there now.  We got the rug from my sister in law, and it matches the leather couches perfectly, but it just clashes with the curtains.  The leather couches are brown, the rug is brown and tan, the carpets are tan and there are a lot of wood element in there too.  The curtains however are a light grey with blueish and greenish flowers.  
So I picked up new curtains this morning, just an off white color, and need to get those up.
-  Chop up parsley and cilantro to freeze
-  Chop up pineapple and melon.  Wash grapes and place in tupperware as well.
- Water the plants
- Pick up Jasmine at 3

 


♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
My gorgeous Hibiscus plants are blossoming constantly.  I am just in awe of how beautiful they look.  I have this burnt orange Hibiscus, and I also have a deep red one.  I'll have to take a picture of that one to show you. 
 



♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
Another great devotional from New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp.  
 
If you hook the hope of your heart to the people around you, you will always be disappointed.  No one is able to be your personal messiah.
 



6 comments:

Susanne said...

Love the hibiscus. Hubby got one for me last year but the new dog kept eating the buds. Finally sold it to give it a fighting chance. LOL.

Jean said...

Your hibiscus is beautiful! Our late aunt in Oklahoma always had one on her patio. So pretty! Hope that new puppy lets you get a bit of rest. Have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Your puppy baby is SO cute! But I remember how much work they can be for sure. 😉 I always love seeing your menu. It's so "exotic" and fun! Gorgeous hibiscus flower. 😍 Have a blessed week ahead Love! xo

Luludou said...

So many fish in your menu - so good for ;your health. I have to try to eat fish but it is so not in our culture here. So nice to have clean carpets.
Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Joining a day late, but we've been super busy. Had a terrible storm last night and it took a while to get the computer up again. Have a great week.

Tracy dixon said...

I always found that when the temps hit the triple digits and is so sticky humid, I try to get outside really early in the morning and in the late evenings when the temps go down. In the summer, I rearrange my days to fit the weather to get things done. When the temps are so extreme, that is when I will do my inside work. When fall arrives, I rearrange my days again. Hope this helps.