Tuesday, June 14, 2022

{ Well hello...... }

IMG_2965

I am sitting here with the sound of the air conditioner in the background.  A constant hum that has become just as big a part of my daily summer life, as ice cold water, green grass and the bluest of skies you'll ever see.

So, how are you all doing?

Life has been so busy and so strange at the same time.  I have gone through my days, often feeling like I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing.  Hours speed by, days become weeks and weeks become months.  For a while there, there was just so much happening at once, that I feel my body shut down and went into self preservation mode.
 
A constant feeling of exhaustion, no motivation, just dragging myself from day to day.  Surely not a way to live right?
 
But, I'm here, I'm good, I'm alive and I'm slowly emerging from this cocoon, I feel I was in.

IMG_2967

IMG_2972

I would love to come on and say that I finally have my veggie garden going full speed, and that it's thriving and yada yada.  Unfortunately, but for a few things planted in the ground, the veggie patch is just there, trying to live through the intense heat we've been dealing with.

The same heat that I am not able to bear, and makes me not want to go out there at all.  

We are hoping to get the pool up and going soon.  There's nothing better than a dip in a cold pool when the triple digits come around.  Thing is, it takes time, effort and we haven't had a chance, so it's on the to do list for this coming weekend.  *fingers crossed*

I don't really have many pictures to share with you, I usually like to come in and chat, show you what I've been doing and such, but to be honest, I haven't touched my camera much at all.  It's probably been weeks since I've snapped some photos.  

I have also received quite a few messages on Instagram telling me that they are missing my posts, my stories, and just my interaction in general.  I know, I've been quite withdrawn and in the background.  It's not that I don't have anything to share, or don't want to share, but just haven't had the time.

So, I'm slowly trying to ease back into my daily Instagram stories, showing my day, our dinner and little bits here and there.

At first, I thought I would come in a fill you in on everything that has been going on, but decided against it, it's boring, you don't need to hear all the boring details as I'm sure you all know what it's like.  Sometimes life is filled with fun and adventure, and sometimes it's filled with not so fun things, responsibilities, ups and downs and quite frankly, boring things.
 
I will be back to show you my plants, I'm becoming quite the plant obsessed lady.  Growing up, our house was always filled with beautiful plants and flowers, and I used to with that one day my own home would be the same.  It's been a slow process, but I'm finally able to keep plants alive and have been filling every nook and cranny with gorgeous greenery.
 
But that will be for the next post.  
 
Really just wanted to come in and say a hello, let you know that I'm still here, albeit more behind the scenes....and also just check into my sweet little corner of blogland. 

For now, I'll leave it at this.  Hope you're all doing well.  I'll be back!!!

2 comments:

savannah said...

I think we are all going through the same things. I am in utter shock
That half the year is already gone by!
My garden has produced a lot already but it's looking the worse for wear from the heat as well .
I enjoy your blog and read it all the time. It's a bit of normal life in a chaotic world.


Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I feel you. Heat is not my friend. It's 95 today but feels like 100. We are all dragging 😪. The only time I make it outside to water is early morning or late afternoon. Take and think Cool 😎 thoughts.