Monday, June 27, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/27/2022 }

 
Good morning sweet friends, welcome back to the blog.  
 
I hope you had a good weekend.  Ours was spent outdoors, in the back yard, trying to get it cleaned out and arranged the way we want to.  It's been hard to do with triple digit temperatures, at least for me, my sweet husband has been able to handle it better than I have.  But the yard is coming along well, and honestly can't wait to see it all done and ready to enjoy.  
 
I am nursing a bit of a sinus headache this morning, not sure if it's just my sinus or allergies, but whatever it is, it needs to go, and fast.  
 
Right, let's get going with our post.  I wish you all a very blessed week ahead.
 

 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's been incredibly hot and dry, with triple digits.  Thankfully yesterday and today, it has cooled down slightly, well, slightly for us means 90 degrees  Hahahah
 
Going to take advantage of today and tomorrow before the heat goes back up again. 

Monday -  Sun and clouds mixed, 90
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 88
Wednesday - Sunny, 95
Thursday - Sunny, 100
Friday - Mostly sunny, 98
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 98
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 98



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥
I'm sitting in the living room, and can see the backyard.  From here I have full view of our new area, with the gazebo, hammock etc.  It's a beautiful bright sunny morning, and the wind is blowing every so slightly.  I just watched two big deer come walking behind the fenced in back yard, and lay down near the trees on our property.  
 
Love where we live ♥ 


♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
On the couch, typing this up, listening to some background ambience sound on the TV.  This one is called Alpine Farm, and really makes me feel like I am sitting out in the alps, with chickens at my feet, cowbells in the distance and birds chirping above. 


♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
On all I have to do today.  Have a list a mile long and just hoping to get it all done, I'm also starting exercise back up.  My weight keeps going up, even though I haven't changed any of my eating habits.  My gynecologist said it's due to the perimenopause and heading to menopause.  I'm sure all the ladies out there can sympathize.  
 
So I need to get back on the wagon, and start some exercise to help shift this hormonal weight. 
 

♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
Dealing with a sinus headache, but already took something for it.  I'm pretty excited to start working out again.  Nothing too hard, just following some walk at home programs on Youtube. 


♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I had a cup of coffee at 5:30am, but no breakfast yet.  Will eat something after my exercise. 
 
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥
Pink workout yoga pants, pink sports bra, black top.    



♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
My Bible and devotional.
Janette Oke's Women of the West



♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Star Trek Strange New Worlds
We finished Seinfeld this weekend, so started Mad About You last night.  It is one of the shows we first started watching together, when we married almost 24 years ago. 
Homemaking vlogs 
Become Elizabeth (new period drama on STARZ)
 


♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
We really enjoyed having some much loved Portuguese meals the past two weeks, and for the most part, we are continuing down this path.  The next two weeks will have some more Portuguese favorites, but also other favorite comfort foods thrown in. 

Monday - Spaghetti Bolognese, Salad, Foccaccia
Tuesday - Frango com cerveja, arroz  (Chicken in Beer, rice) 
Wednesday - Teriyaki Steak, Sesame Noodles 
Thursday - Macarrao recheado de forno (Oven Baked Fettucine Alfredo), Garlic Bacon Knots 
Friday - Gratinado de salsicha, Salada (Sausage Bake with Salad)
Saturday - Frango no churrasco (Portuguese BBQ Chicken)
Sunday - 4th of July Barbecue (Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Jalapeno Poppers, Potato Salad, BLT Pasta Salad, Red, White and Blueberry Pie, Frozen Key Lime Pie)
 
 

♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
The back screen door is open letting in some fresh air.  Kaia is asleep next to me on the couch, and Elliott is asleep on the ground.  The house is tidy, except for the dining/den area, that has a comforter hanging off the couches in there.  I always dry my comforters and big blankets, in the dryer, but then let them finish drying completely draped over the couch.  
 
I just need to fold it and put it away in the linen cabinet. 



♥♥  To Do List ♥♥
Get Jasmine to work
Empty dishwasher, and reload
-  Chop up fruit for the fridge. 
- Water the plants
- Start Exercise Day 1 of Grow with Jo  
 


♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
Still have quite a bit to do here, but it's looking so good.  It is my go to area, to rest, to have a cup of coffee, to sit on the hammock and just relax or read.  Love it! 



 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
Over the past few weeks, Psalm 91 has been on my heart.  I feel like we need to pray it over our families and homes, now more than ever. 





7 comments:

Schotzy said...

I absolutely love your go to place. What a great idea!!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Pollen counts are high everywhere and with those high temps I bet you're miserable at times. Hope you feel some relief soon. PERFECT devotional for these trying times! And your menu sounds delectable! Have a GREAT week my friend. I hope the weather cooperates and you get to spend some time out in that hammock!

A Runners Mom & More said...

Sinus issues...Yuck! And Hormone's double Yuck!

Deanna said...

This may sound odd, but worth a try with the sinus headaches. I read that if you hum it will help. So I'm humming.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Have a wonderful week dear Friend! I hope your headache is feeling better. 🙏 And I love psalm 91 - I pray over it everyday as the blood of the Lamb watching over me and all of my people. Blessings. xoxo

Monique G. said...

I'm right there with you with the hormonal weight gain. It's not fun.
Hope you feel better soon.

Luludou said...

Love the yard area - you will be able to enjoy your summer! and deer too. Have a great week