Monday, June 20, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/20/2022 }

 
Good morning everyone, how are you all doing today?
 
It is quite early here in North Texas, but I am up, ready to start the day, and get things done.  I'm also hoping to get some photos taken today, as I go about my homemaking, for a blog post.  I think it's about time to get back on the wagon and start sharing my days.  
 
I have about 20 minutes before I need to head out the door, so I'm going to try and get this post up as quick as I can. 
 
Have a wonderful holiday weekend, hope you're all enjoying your family and friends.
 

 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Hot, just horribly hot.  Curt and I are trying to work on our back yard, and it's been so difficult to get anything done.  I wish I could say it would cool down, but nope, we are just heading full speed ahead into the triple digits. 

Monday -  Sunshine and a few clouds, 100
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 101
Wednesday - Sunny, 99
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 102
Friday - Sunny, 105
Saturday - Sunny, 105
Sunday - Sunny, 98



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥
The sun is just coming up, so it's reflecting on the tree branches, and bathing the whole back yard in a beautiful golden light.  From where I'm sitting, in my living room, I can see the area we are working on, out back.  I can't wait to see it all done.


♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥
On the couch, quickly typing this up, and listening to a podcast.  n take their morning naps.  They're not comfy, laying on the bed, and fast asleep.  


♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥
About our plans for the backyard, and all we need to get done.  Hoping we can accomplish it today without having to scurry back indoors, because of the triple digits. 
 

♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥
I'm pretty good.  Just trying to fully wake up and get going.


♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Just a cup of coffee I'm sipping on at the moment.  Not sure what I'll have for breakfast.  
 
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥
Pair of striped blue and white shorts, white tshirt.  


♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥
My Bible and devotional.
Janette Oke's Women of the West
Finishing, In the Dark We Forget by Sandra S. Wong(review tomorro)



♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥
Star Trek Strange New Worlds
Seinfeld
Homemaking vlogs 
 


♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Been enjoying the Portuguese meals.  Have to work on the new menu, because Friday is grocery day. 

Monday - Bifanas, Batatas Fritas (Pork sandwiches and fries)
Tuesday - Torta de Atum (Tuna Pie), roasted Brussel Sprouts
Wednesday - Carne a Jardineira (Beef Stew), Salad 
Thursday - Frango com molho branco, arroz  (Chicken in a cream sauce, Basmati Rice)
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 

♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥
The back screen door is open, and Elliott is laying by it.  He loves looking outside, sleeping by the sun and so on.  He however does not like going outside at all, which is a very good thing.  
The TV is on in the background, playing the podcast I'm listening to.  The house is actually clean and tidy.  I remember when the kids were little, Monday mornings the house looked like a Tasmanian Devil had come through.  Those days, are long gone, thankfully. 



♥♥  To Do List ♥♥
-  Get Jasmine to work
-  Empty dishwasher, and reload
-  Chop up fruit for the fridge. 
- Water the plants
- Pick up cement and river rock for the project out back.  Work on the back yard. 
 


♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥
My money tree is getting huge.  I am so proud of myself for all the plants I am able to have now.  Years ago, I struggled to keep them alive, constantly over watered or under watered.  I envisioned a home full of plants, but it just seemed like a dream.  
 
Love looking around my home now, and seeing beautiful plants of all shapes and sizes. 



♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥
Another great devotional from New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp.  
 
If you are God's, to tell yourself you can't do what you've been called to do is to preach private heresy.  You've been enabled by grace. 


6 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'd sure send you some of our wonderful weather if I could! I'm trying to not look a gift horse in the mouth and make the most of it myself. Have a WONDERFUL week and I hope you accomplish the backyard without getting too overheated.

Jean said...

You are lucky Elliott doesn't like to go outside. We fight to get our cat back inside every night. She loves it outside. Hope it's not too hot for your backyard plans. Finally cooled down a bit (no more heat advisory) around here. Have a wonderful week!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Your book In the Dark We Forget sounds like good book...I'll be adding
this to my TBR list. Your Money Tree looks awesome. I'll have to find
one of those. I've always wanted one. Have a great day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! I so remember the days of the wee ones and messy Mondays too. Such a great memories really. sigh. I hope your vet visit went well and you have a wonderful week ahead! xo

Luludou said...

Your money plant looks great. Isn't it great when the house looks all nice and tidy? Can't wait to see pictures of your outside work. Have a great week

Monique G. said...

Most of our kitties are afraid of the outdoors. Mama loves to go out and sit in the sun. We talk her out on a leash. I love having the house all neat and tidy. It's so less stressful. Hope you have a wonderful week!