Thursday, September 08, 2022

{ Cooking Thursday - Toucinho do Ceu }


 

 
Good morning, welcome back to another Cooking Thursday.  

Today I am bringing you a Portuguese recipe, well, Brazilian, so from my paternal grandfather's side.  This is one of the easiest desserts you will put together, but it is so good, like so so soooooo good.  It tastes phenomenal.
 
The funny thing about the name is that, directly translated from Portuguese it means Bacon from Heaven!  
I don't know why that name came about, or who decided that was the perfect name for this cake, but I'm good with it, since I love bacon, and this dessert is Heavenly.  I guess there's that.
 
IMG_3804

It is a cake/pudding/tart kind of dessert, all thrown together in the blender and then baked to create this creamy interior and a little coconut crunch crust.  Just trust me, make it, you will love it.

IMG_3806

Toucinho do Ceu


Ingredients
600 ml milk
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of flour
3 tablespoons of butter
100 gr coconut


Directions
Put all the ingredients in a blender, and mix until well combined.  Pour into a 13x9 greased baking dish, and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown, and the center is set.

Remove, let cool and serve immediately.

You can place it in the refrigerator and it will keep for a few days, although it never EVER lasts that long in my house.

Enjoy!

IMG_3808

6 comments:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I love the name Bacon from Heaven! Family recipes are the best.

Mari said...

Oooh - so easy and it looks so good! Except the coconut. We aren't fans of coconut. I wonder if it would work without it.

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Lekker, lekker!

Sandra said...

You can leave out the coconut :)

Sandra said...

Dankie! :)

Sandra said...

Such an interesting name isn't it?