Monday, September 12, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/12/2022 }


 
Good morning everyone, how is your Monday morning going?
 
I've already been out of the house, in the crazy morning rush traffic, and am back home.  
 
This weekend went by far too quick, I was actually out of the house all day yesterday, and returned home just to eat, shower and bed.  I don't like days like that, so I'm glad it doesn't happen very often.
 
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed, productive week.



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Woke up to 55 degrees, and the most beautiful of mornings.  It is cloudy, it is crisp, it is the first Fallish day we have had, and I'm here for it.  Unfortunately it will be short lived, as our temperatures are going back up to the high 90s this week.  *sigh* 

Monday - Mostly cloudy, 89
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 96
Wednesday - Mostly Sunny, 95
Thursday - Mostly Sunny, 93
Friday - Sunny, 95
Saturday - Mostly Sunny, 96
Sunday - Sunny, 98



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It is dark and cloudy, there is a slight breeze.  From my bedroom window I see my pool, my gazebo and the pumpkin patch at the far end of the yard.  It is bright green with huge leaves and filled with tiny pumpkins, little yellow blossoms and big bright yellow flowers. 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed with Kaia and Elliott.  They are both asleep next to me.  I am listening to a word from God, on the TV, typing up this post, and also talking back and forth on Telegram, with my stepmom. 



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

I decided that instead of writing out the Bible, I will go the journal route.  The reason being, that I know if I take on a huge undertaking at the moment, I will quickly lose interest and fail.  Journaling my daily devotions, verses that stand out etc., will be much easier. 
 


♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I am blessed, as always.  I am feeling pretty good, though I AM PMSing, so theres that.  If you're a woman, you knowwwww.  Hahaha   
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Just had my second cup of coffee, with Starbucks Pumpkin Latte Creamer.  Also had a toasted sandwich with cheese and salami.    


♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Will be having a tuna salad with chickpea, egg, onion, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.   



♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings  

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Summer maxi dress, it's red with tiny little white flowers on it.   
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Reading through Isaiah in the Bible.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.   
About to finish Butter in the Well (FINALLY)



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Mad About You - the newer season that came out I think 2 years ago. 
Homemaking vlogs - some of you have asked who I watch, and I mainly follow Portuguese/Brazilian vlogs.  Nothing against the US vloggers, other than I feel I don't relate, everything is too commercialized, the homes are all magazine cover worthy, and they just don't seem relatable to me.
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime
The Serpent Queen



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Have meals until Thursday, then will start the new Menu Plan, which I have to work on throughout the week.
 
Monday - Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings, Easy Dinner Rolls 
Tuesday - Pork Chops in Gravy, Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday - Buffalo Chicken Wraps (Copycat Wingers Sticky Fingers)
Thursday - Ground Beef Sandwiches, Air Fryer Fries
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
The living room and dining room need some tidying up.  



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Pick up living room and dining room
- Iron a load of laundry
- Water veggie garden
- Start dinner in the crockpot


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
Time with the Lord is so important, especially in the world we live in right now.  No matter what is happening in my day, I always make time for some reading.  Some days, I can only squeeze in a sentence, a verse, in the Bible, but it doesn't matter, it is something.  We make time for so many other unimportant things in our lives, where we should always, ALWAYS, put God first, and then fit everything else in. 
 


 
♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
Grace means you can never say it's too hard, that you've been left on your own, or that you simply don't have enough. 
 
— New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp  

 


11 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm like you, in not liking busy days that keep me out of the house all day/night. I like long leisurely weekends!! Making time with God is so very important, I know I have slacked on this, and need to get back into my normal routine! Have an awesome week!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wow, you still have hot weather there. So far, my week is starting out good - cleaned out one fridge finally. Hope you week is productive as well.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Oh my kindred friend I hate days like that where I'm barely home. I like having my bare feet at home cleaning, meditating and journaling, cooking and crafting... I have learned over the years though that if I can fit EVERYTHING appointment, errand and shopping wise into 1 day out I get that many more days at home :D And I so agree about the commercialization found here with so many vloggers and even what used to be some of my favorite bloggers too :( Sorry to see your weather warming up again - hope it's short lived. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Yes the weather is so much cooler just 10 degrees is a big difference. I envy your pumpkin paych . Pictures please.

Schotzy said...

Good afternoon, I pray this is a great week for you, I will not be visiting too much as I have started a new focus on my blog whereby I am encouraging women daily to focus more on God through various means that hopefully will bless them while they demonstrate Jesus to others in their world! I just feel that I have been a bystander Christian and if others are, too, then Im trying to make it easy for them to live more intentionally. There will be good stuff daily and I am hoping folks will stop in. Blessings!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Friend - I"m so sorry the heat is coming back! ugh!! Keep that Fall spirit in your heart. Lol
I totally agree with needing more time with the Lord in our lives each day and that he comes first! 🙏 Do you have your slow cooker chicken and dumplings on your food blog? Your menus are always so yummy.
Blessings. xoxo

Jennifer said...

Happy Monday! Such an enjoyable post....and a wonderful attitude for starting a new week. Mondays are just the best!:) Have a great week!

Luludou said...

so glad we are having our Fall-like weather later this week. Enjoyed your post - have a great week

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your post. I like a mix of busy and at home. Hopefully, this heat will be the last round and then fall will settle in right on schedule for you. Have a wonderful week!

Monique G. said...

I'm right there with you. If I'm out too much it just feels wrong. I would never have guessed that I'm a homebody. It's just more peaceful at home. I keep meaning to find a few vlogs to watch but I feel the same way. The homes feel unrealistic and often everything just feels fake. I want to see a house that is truly lived in. Hope you have a great week!

Deb said...

I agree about vloggers being commercialized and unrelateable (spell?). I tend to look for smaller channels, hoping they're still humble enough to be true and real. I also enjoy watching vloggers who are outside the US, not because I can relate, but just for the breath of fresh air in seeing how life in other countries is. Just last night I stumbled across a girl in the Scottish Highlands and really enjoyed the little bit I was able to watch before bed. Hoping to watch more of her today.