Monday, September 05, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/05/2022 }

 
 
Good morning sweet ladies, welcome back to my blog.  Grab yourselves a cup of coffee or tea, and let's sit a bit, visit and see what we have going on around our homes, this week.
 
First, I apologize that this post is going up a little later than usual, but my sweet hubby took me to breakfast this morning.  It's something we haven't been able to do in a while, so I was very excited to go spend this time with him.  
 
Now we are back home, and ready to start the day.  He is off today, Happy Labor Day to you all, and he has spent the weekend doing outside chores, so he's doing nothing but relaxing today.  Good for him!
 
I have my usual homemaking chores to attend to, and I also want to mow my back yard, but other than that, I am also going to relax, watch some tv and continue on with my knitted dishcloth. 
 
I hope you all have a very blessed week ahead. 




♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
It's been perfect.  The temperatures have dropped, we are sticking around the low 90's, we have also had some rain here and there which has cooled things down dramatically.  Looks like we are finally leaving summer and easing into Fall.  

Monday - Sunny to partly cloudy, 93
Tuesday - Sunny, 95
Wednesday - Sunny, 96
Thursday - Sunny, 93
Friday - Sunny, 95
Saturday - Sunny, 94
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 92



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
The grass has grown and is this beautiful lush green.  There are dewdrops as well, making it look like a blanket of diamonds was placed upon the lawn.  
 
There are two squirrels playing on the fence, and some birds chirping on a nearby tree.  
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed, with my laptop, working on this post, while listening to a true crime video on Youtube.



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥
I am trying to decide if I want to start writing out the Bible, or do a journal type of entry in my pretty notebooks, where every day, I enter the date, what passage I read and whatever verse or quote from my devotionals, stuck out that day.
 
Decisions, decisions.  



♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
I'm feeling blessed this morning.  I have my family, I have my health, I have the sweetest pets, and a beautiful home.  Have you thanked God lately for what you have?  
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
Had breakfast at Denny's with my hubby.  We both had the grand slam, with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage and pancakes.  I filled my tummy, and that is going to be my breakfast AND lunch for today.  I'm stuffed.  



♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

See previous post......I don't think I'll be having anything, as I'm quite full and had a big breakfast.    



♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Instant Pot Chili Mac, Sauteed Cabbage, Garlic Bread.  

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Grey and white striped casual pants, black top and slippers.  
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

Still reading through Isaiah.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.  



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Mad About You - last episodes.  
Homemaking vlogs
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Instant Pot Chili Mac, Sauteed Cabbage, Garlic Bread 
Tuesday - Sausage and Potatoes Skillet, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Wednesday - Chicken Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday - Swedish Meatballs, Egg Noodles, Steamed Broccoli
Friday - Pepperoni, Salami and Cheese Stromboli
Saturday - Instant Pot Spaghetti, Salad
Sunday - Coney Island Chili Dog Tacos (this has been on the menu for a couple weeks, but keeps being pushed around)



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥
The living room needs tidying.  Kaia got hold of an empty toilet roll and tore it to pieces, while we were at breakfast.  
 
I need to open curtains and windows, also need to vacuum.  The rest of the house is clean and tidy.



♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Pick up living room and dining room
- Vacuum carpets
- Clean bathtub and mop floor in bathroom
- Mow back yard


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
My husband and son were doing yard work on Saturday, and I snapped this picture, right as Nick started the mower.  I love how it turned out.   



 
♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
They had to hazard theirs lives unto the death in the high places of the field, and you will not be crowned till you also have endured hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  Therefore, "stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong."    
 
— Morning and evening by Charles Spurgeon  


7 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad y'all could get a breakfast date in this morning. A great way to get the day started! Happy Monday!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Happy Labor Day! So sweet that you ad Curt got some time alone for a meal out - it does sound like A LOT of food! I'd be skipping lunch too. Glad your temperatures are dropping and fall is in the air - it is here too and I LOVE it! I vote for your latter choice on the Bible doing the journal style - only because it's what I do and I find it resonates better with my heart than rote writing. Have a wonderful week my friend!

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Oh wow, can you eat that for breakfast? No stomach pain? I agree with Mandy: A great way to start your day!

In the Netherlands we eat bread for breakfast or muesli with yogurt or milk. We usually eat our daily slice of multigrain bread with cheese, jam, chocolate sprinkles, peanut butter. We often drink coffee, tea or a glass of milk.

I really enjoyed reading your question and answers, Sandra. It makes my world bigger. What are Swedish meatballs? Whay makes them different? Your "from the camera" is super!

Sue said...

What a great way to start your day, a breakfast date with your husband, I so enjoyed reading of your day, journaling is so important, thanks for sharing.
Sue

Luludou said...

Love the picture. What a nice way to start the day with a breakfast outside of the house to relax. Have a great week

Deb said...

How you liking House of the Dragon? I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I have enjoyed the first two. I quite like Daemon, even though he's the 'bad' guy.

Who are some of the homemaking vloggers you like to watch? I have a few that I enjoy but a lot of others bother me for one reason or another.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! Sounds like it was it was a wonderful Labor Day. Sorry I'm late - but I was off enjoying yesterday. 😊 Love the photo you caught!! I forgot about the new LOTR - I need to check that out. Have a wonderful rest of your week. xoxo